You can edit other peoples' thread titties šŸ‘‰šŸ˜ŽšŸ‘‰ Zoop Really? Yes! Woooo! I just came in my Y-fronts

Just sayin

1 Like

Yeah. but it leaves a trail im sure you will quickly be banned if you go thread trashing

1 Like

Doesnā€™t mean itā€™s not a comically bad security flaw. And itā€™d be easy enough for someone to make a new account and just change everything and not care about being banned.

I got the impression that its standard for the software but i could be wrong

Editing other peoplesā€™ posts or titles is definitely not standard lol

Paging ScottPurchase

1 Like

Itā€™s standard functionality for the software. You thinking it shouldnā€™t be doesnā€™t make it less so.

There are several user levels associated to these forums. Basically everyone with a long standing ratebeer account got an automatic assignation to the ā€œregularā€ role, and admins became moderators. You canā€™t just create a new account and mess with the forum titles because you would be a new user (who can only post - and even so, only with moderator approval).

I agree that even for regular users title editing is a bit much in terms of flexibility for a forum, but itā€™s not a comically bad security flaw.

I think all replies in this thread should be done in the titleā€¦

1 Like

Itā€™s only standard functionality for the software because this software does anything you want it to; it doesnā€™t mean it shouldnā€™t be turned off.

It blows my mind that people are trying to defend this absurd bug.

I agree it should be turned off. I think you have poor understanding of what a bug is.

1 Like

puzzl you are misunderstanding the functionality of this software or are purposely misinterpreting it to make Ratebeer look bad.

Only trusted members have this permission. Itā€™s NOT just a simple case of making a new account and going around causing havoc. Take a look at the requirements. You need to be active for over a month, reading and contributing to forums. You really think people have the patience to become an actual active member just so they can fuck with people in 1 monthā€™s time?

Yes it is. See above. Completely standard feature.

Not a bug. See above. Fully intentional behaviour.

Itā€™s about trust. If members of the community canā€™t be trusted theyā€™ll have their permissions revoked. If someone messes with a title itā€™s very simple for any mod (or any trusted member) to undo it. Reporting tools are decent to report offenders.

It blows my mind that you are trying to blow this well out of proportion. By the nature of what this site is about weā€™re all adults here. If someone is immature enough to go through and edit everyoneā€™s titles then we probably donā€™t want such people in the community anyway so good riddance to anyone who gets banned for it.

Having said all that, I would be fine if it was turned off as realistically only thread starters or mods would ever need to make edits.

5 Likes