100 Belgians, Beer Tag

I’ve had 45 so I guess that’s good for never having been to Belgium but these days I concentrate on more of the BA stouts and US brewed dubbels, trippels, and quads. I haven’t been into ticks for probably 10 years so I look for dark ales I enjoy and haven’t done a trade in over 10 years. At one point I had 45 of the top 50 but am now down to 24. Call me a slacker in my old age!

2 Likes

I’ve rated 48 of them it looks like. I’ve had around 10 more but didn’t rate them.

May have been answered before but didnt see any info scanning up thread.

Why are there 3 x US beers on the list ?

@JorisPPattyn would be a great person to ask.

I’ve had 74, most that I am lacking fall into the Lambic styles.

43 for me, needs more work.

57, thanks to Bu11zeye for several of these. We had some great Belgian tastings

2 Likes

70 for me, but looking at that list there are at least a further 6-8 that I have had and for whatever reason never bothered rating and many of them are quite straightforward to get hold of, I may even have a couple in the beer fridge.

2 Likes

Haven’t had these 4, never even heard of the last one, first two don’t exist anymore. Not sure if the 3rd one is correct, I have had the unfiltered version but the cask is a Wheatspoons thing it seems.

t Smisje Dubbel
Trappist Achel 5 Blond
De Koninck Ambree (Cask)
Walrave Pick Up Pils

A few of these are impossible now (Rodenbach Foederbier – actually had it recently but a 7 year old keg or something like that, not sure if more exists) but overall a great list as expected.

2 Likes