2021 Beer52 and other subscription sites

Those 2 Temperance Beers are really good, particularly the Karaoke Tears.

1 Like

Iā€™ll look forward to them! Unfortunately I had to skip the Chicago & Croatia boxes due to an illness in the family, so was glad to get at least a few of them with the points.

1 Like

Yay Iā€™m spot on ! Sort of.

Not only did ā€œBuroā€ Naturtrub win ā€œBest Lagerā€ award, but ā€œFree Assemblyā€ won Best Artwork. Thankfully though their beer wasnā€™t in my selection.

Anyway, the boxes are supposed to contain the following

All selections
Gipsy Hill ā€“ Prevail
Buro ā€“ Naturtrub
North Brewing ā€“ The Order Of Things
Siren ā€“ Enter Simcoe

Light Case
Mobberley ā€“ Do You Copy ?
Turning Point ā€“ Become The Data
To Ol ā€“ Cloud 9 Wit
Two Tribes ā€“ Metroland New York City

Mixed Case
Utopian ā€“ Cerni Specialni
Whiplash ā€“ The Sup
Moor ā€“ Porter
To Ol ā€“ Nice To Malt You

10 Pack Upgrade
Garden ā€“ New England Pale #
Lost & Found ā€“ All Systems GO

12 Pack Upgrade
Salopian ā€“ Illuminance
Free Assembly ā€“ Krsitalweizen.

I got the beers I should have EXCEPT instead of Nice To Malt you, I got BBNo 07 Witbier. Not exactly enamoured by that ā€“ but glad I didnā€™t opt for the 10 or 2 pack ā€œupgradesā€. Apart from that this seems a reasonable selection.

Next month is advertised as ā€œa brief history of beerā€ with suggestion that Thronbridge, Duvel, moor, Stiegl, La Trappe and ABK are involved.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been doing some research with the Roomies Munich Kellerbier, fake Brewery offering from last month. It has lead me to Paulaner, Hacker-Pschorr brewing it then shipped and canned. If this is correct I cannot believe that they wouldnā€™t have advertised the Paulaner link as itā€™s a well respected brewery obviously. I will leave it as we have it until this can be confirmed, hopefully a German Admin might be able to help.

My November box looks like itā€™s the Croatia box, well pleased with that.

My guess was that it was the Paulaner Zwickl rather than the Hacker Kellerbier, but I didnā€™t have either of those to hand to compare directly.

My ā€œHistory of Beerā€ box arrived today. Contents of boxes this month is as follows

Common to all
Stiegl Paracelsus Bio-Zqickl
Thornbridge Halcyon
Duvel 6.66
Wild Peel Breaker

Light Case
ABK Pils
Lees American Classic
White Hag Sadhbh (Session Red Ale)
Moor Illumination

Mixed Case
ABK Schwarz
White Hag Fiadhmor (Export Red Ale)
La Trappe Bockbier
Tooth & Claw Rubus Cubus

10 Beer Upgrade
Vocation Big Foot
Haacht Super 8 Blanche

12 Beer Upgrade
Kirkstall Spokane
O Brother The Chancer

All present and correct of the ones I was entitled to (8 beers mixed case).

A couple there Iā€™ve had before (Duvel and Thornbridge) but at least they are decent beers. Seems like a decent selection ā€“ and not a fake brewery in sight !

Looks like some interesting articles in the magazine too ā€“ though I havenā€™t read it yet.

Next month is London.

3 Likes

Saw that it is London next. May very well give that one a miss, too much potential for beers Iā€™ve had before.

1 Like

Grrrr. Another Beer52 box has gone awol, my 4th since I joined them 18 months ago, and I had a break for 4 months!. Itā€™s my Croatia box so I was really looking forward to it. Not sure their business model is working if they get this many losses.

Not great is it. Its happened to me once since I joined 10 months ago. I think the beer quality is decent for the price but with service, fake breweries and worry of duplicates Iā€™m always debating with myself whether to cancel. Iā€™ve missed this months box as Iā€™ve had two of them.

If itā€™s delivered by Hermes, then Iā€™m not surprised. Lost few and threatened to leave in which they responded to sending them Royal Post. When they stepped away from using Royal Post started getting from DX and Yodel. No issues in 2 years.

Unfortunately this one is Yodel, but Iā€™m not sure if they even got the box from Beer52, as the message just keeps saying we are expecting to receive the parcel from the sender. The service has been abysmal and you cannot contact people there anymore. I reckon I might be cancelling again, annoyed at myself for returning.

Finally got a replacement box. Was told that they are struggling to get imported beers at the moment so the next 4 boxes will be UK suppliers, starting with London Breweries. Hmmmm, not sure what to do.

At least you will not get any fake breweries from De Proefbouwerij in Belgium!

<*))))))><

1 Like

Looks like I will be cancelling soon then

Iā€™ve decided to see what the London box brings to the table and make a judgement then.

I had this History of Beer box arrive last week. Like you Iā€™ve had the Halcyon before but I think thatā€™s it. It will do nicely.

My latest (London) box arrived today, less than 4 hours after Beer 52 sent me the expected email saying it had been dispatched= Usually itā€™s more like 4 days !

Details of beers to follow

1 Like

Okay, for the faithful few out threre who are still receiving stuff, here is what the London box contained.

Common to all
Wild Card Polar Ice Walls
BBNo 11 Session IPA
Gipsy Hill Inbound
Mothership Text Me When UR Home

Light Case
Hammerton Tuned
Signature Studio Lager
Redchurch Great Eastern IPA
Fourpure Hazy Pale Ale

Mixed Case
Gipsy Hill Outbound
Redchurch Hoxton Stout
Sambrooks Powerhouse Porter
Fourpure Oatmeal Stout

10 Beer Upgrade
Big Smoke Fruju
Mothership American Pale

12 Beer Upgrade
BBNo 05 IPA
Partizan Lemon & Thyme Saison

Not a sign of a fake brewery anywhere !

I received all the beers I was entitled to (8 beer mixed case). Unfortunately this included two beers Iā€™ve had already (Fourpure and Sambrooks), but I suppose thatā€™s only to be expected.

Next month is ā€œBrewing the Futureā€ ā€“ think Iā€™ll give that one a miss.

4 Likes

Well they are back to fucking up orders. Received 2x BBNo 11 Session IPA (which I had previously rated) instead of Wild Card Polar Ice Walls. Pretty pissed about it to say the least.

1 Like