2021 Beer52 and other subscription sites

That’s a pretty unimaginative dark quadruplet. Glad I missed this case! Still enjoying the last few from the dodgily-named History of Beer one though.

Next one I’m due is Scotland 2022. I hope it doesn’t just duplicate half the stuff I found in Scottish Lidl, Asda, etc back in the summer!

1 Like

I got my December subscription box from Hoptimism today. With two bonus Low Key beers.

A few new beers for me that look interesting. I’m a big Three Hill fan so pleased to see the TIPA Curtain Rail.

Ive had a few of the beers before but happy to have them again as they were great. particularly the ones from neon raptor and good times.

One the whole very pleased as it’s really a free box as my £15 a month is paid back on the discount.

6 Likes

Has anyone tried the Brewser subscription?

It looks it’s £38 a month and you pick the brewery. Then the brewery sends you beers to that value. Some breweries will send you more some less.

I’m thinking of giving it go.

They want to get some Rutland, IoW & Co. Tyrone brewers involved… :wink:

2 Likes

I took a look but thought I’d probably get a load of beers I’d already had from the breweries that were of interest to me.

I signed up and will post what I get. The first brewery I went for is

Little Monster - 8x440ml

I will post when I get them later this month.

1 Like

Beers arrived

5 Likes

Got my Scotland box at the weekend – a mere three hours after Ratebeer alerted me that it had left their warehouse ! Took me a while to find it though – it had been placed in my recycling bin, which was due for collection the next day !

Anyway, here’s what the beers were

Common to all
Six Degrees North Madison
Williams Brow El Perro Negro
71 Brewing Funky Drummer
Drygate Gun-Toting Nano-Penguin

Light Case
Windswept Weizen
Black Isle Spider Monkey
Fyne Dreamworld
Williams Bros Twelve Cents

Mixed Case
Williams Bros Profanity Stout
Fierce May Contain Brambles
Bellfield Dark Sky Porter
Black Isle Walrus

10 Beer Upgrade
West GPA
Brewgooder New England IPA

12 Beer Upgrade
Vault City Grapefruit Lemon Crush
Tempest Brave New World

I received all the beers I was entitled to (8 beer mixed case).

So plenty of beers from Scottish breweries – but no “Scottish” style beers.

Next month is “Missing EU”. Not sure about that. Sounds fine, but it may the extra box which they try to sneak two payments into one month on my credit card !

1 Like

Mine says ‘Currently finding the best beers for your next box’. I’m hoping for some imported beers, so I’m hoping for Missing EU.

I really like this idea, particularly as a way of trying new breweries out. Good to see your first box arrived too. Might give it a go.

Did anyone get this “Missing EU” box ? Just wondering what was in it. This month it’s Ireland - dispatch date March 17th !

I stopped my subscription with my impending move in July. I know for me it was worth the money overall since I did get a bunch of new beers over the 4ish years. Even when I felt they did me wrong they made up by giving me credit that I used.

Didn’t get it, but it looked pretty decent (the magazines are eventually published on Yumpu, so found out the following from there):

ALL BOXES:
Ad Astra Landbier
And Union Greenday
Dugges Wide Awake
Medvedgrad Fantom

LIGHT BOX:
Varionica HBC472
Trzech Kumpli Pia
To Ol Snuble Juice
Dogma Smash Galaxy

MIXED BOX:
Bevog Scottish Wildcat
To Ol Red Eye Stout
Dogma Quasar
Trzech Kumpli Nesta

EXTRAS FOR 10 PACK:
Sori Hypothermia
Trumer Obertrumer Original

EXTRAS FOR 12 PACK:
Trzech Kumpli Misty
Lervig Perler for Svin

A few more boxes like that might persuade me to sign up again once I’ve depleted my current beer stocks… they’ve definitely improved again since their post-Brexit struggles.

2 Likes

I’m still subscribed to the mixed 12 pack. Very happy with the ‘Missing EU’ month despite one being a fake brewery. Overall good beer, about 4 new breweries for me and I picked up one new Polish region.

Just when I’m considering cancelling they seem to produce a good one to make me think again.

Yes, I did get the Road Trip EU Box, mixed dark and light, getting through them in recent days. Mostly quite decent beers and a couple of new to me Austrian Breweries. Annoyed about the fake brewery, which has the same name as an American Brewery and with no clues as to the real source, the beer wasn’t that great either, or maybe that was me just being miffed, not sure.
It is another Irish box for March, not expecting any new Breweries with those, pretty sure it will be the same Brewers as last time, but I will go with it.

White Hag, Third Barrel, O’Hara’s, Boundary, Dundalk Bay, Whiplash and Rye River according to the previous mag. Sounds decent, would be 5 new breweries for me if I was still with them.

1 Like

Ah, right, 2 new Breweries in that list then. Good news.

Apparently the Irish box will be as follows:

ALL BOXES:
Rye River Lil’ Twist Grapefruit IPA
Rascals Fruitropolis
O’Haras Irish Lager
White Hag Atlantean NEIPA (I had this from one of their boxes previously, thought they didn’t do repeats…?)

LIGHT BOX:
Dundalk Bay Tropical Hazy IPA
Third Barrel Cold Comfort
Whiplash Loud Places
O’Hara’s Irish Red

DARK BOX:
O’Hara’s Irish Stout
Whiplash Quiet Crowd Brown Ale
O Brother The Nightcrawler Milk Stout
Dundalk Bay Nitro Stout

EXTRAS FOR 10 PACK:
Wicklow Wolf Tundra Tropical IPA
White Hag Spree Series Watermelon

EXTRAS FOR 12 PACK:
Heaney Irish White Ale
Boundary Trees We Didn’t Plant

The month after Ireland will apparently be Scandinavia, and include the following breweries: Amundsen, Beerbliotek, Brus, Dugges, To Ol & Lervig.

2 Likes

Thanks for the list. Saves me upgrading to 10 pack - as I don’t fancy either of those. It’s a shame someone with a “mixed pack” can’t ask for extras from the light box, and vice-versa

The very friendly Callum from Beer52 rang me a couple of days ago and offered me 10 Irish beers for a tenner, without needing to sign up to the subscription. Seemed too good to be true. Checked that it’d be 10 different beers & not just old junk they were selling off cheap, before agreeing to it yesterday.

The box arrived today & it’s this month’s mixed box. Very happy with that superb service and value - and 5 new breweries and 2 new regions to boot (sadly one beer I’d had before, but can’t complain at that price!).

Wonder if they’ve lost a lot of custom since everyone returned to the office and are trying to ditch excess stock? I still think I’ll go back to them one day, especially as the fake breweries have seemingly died out; always thought they were great value.

3 Likes