Bundesländer county points leaderboard

There are 122 raters with 1 Gibraltar rating!

Yes, and I know most of them!

<*))))))><

Just for reference, I’ve automated the UK ones, based on just scraping the top-50 lists for each county: England County Points - June 2019

The code will with no modifications to Germany, Canada, and the US (or any other country that gets split - it can automatically work out all the relevant regions from the menus). I would hope that the modifications to make it cope with concepts like “Europe” or “The Americas” would be mostly trivial. When I’ve got the output cleaned up, would you like me to take over doing this regularly, it’s no hassle.

Oh - and ISO Gibraltar!

4 Likes

Fantastic.

Very impressive @FatPhil, thanks for doing this, and @HenrikSoegaard of course, plus @Mr_Pink_152 for the English leaderboards.

<*))))))><

Thanks! Being a stat nerd myself, I like keeping stats nerds happy (and converting non-stats-nerds to stat-nerdism)!

@joet - it would be nice if you could at least confirm that for the moment these re-renderings of the data you serve are acceptible, as pedantically they are against the Terms of Service. Hyper-pedantically, even saying “I notice that Koelschtrinker is in the top 3 for every German state!”, or the even briefer “fonefan hits 60K!”, in a forum post after looking at all the relevant tables would be “Use, reproduction, modification, distribution or storage of any Content for other than purposes of using the Services” and thus “is expressly prohibited without prior written permission from us.”

4 Likes

Thanks FatPhil. My opinion is that you are clearly using the services in both making these statements in the fora and generating the content.

3 Likes

Thanks Joe! Some of the tables I generate (per-region breakdowns) are enormous (102 columns wide for the 50 states), so I’ll just keep linking to my homepage when there are updates, if that’s OK. There are no ads or bugs or anything on that site apart from the textual data I serve, so I don’t actually benefit from this, it’s just easier that way. If that’s a problem, I can just make those detailed breakdowns non-public. (You’re already using rel=“nofollow” on such links, so I’m not even leeching popularity off you!)

And on mad rater news: I’ve been working on the position changes detection (still buggy, seems to think up is down and I don’t know why), and in so doing I noticed that @Koelschtrinker has just popped up from #2 in Saarland to #1 - he’s unstoppable! Won’t someone else in Germany please drink some beers!

5 Likes

Still 10 points to get! And I think Saarland will only be a short time on that position @Erzengel :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Code seems pretty stable now. Not sure how often I should run this, but I’ve been testing it by running it daily, and it’s surprising how much can change from day to day!
http://fatphil.org/beer/stats/Germany_daily.html
When I’ve got a week of history, I’ll start producing a page with a weekly delta, ditto monthly, quarterly… (and will retire the daily one as it’s a bit too much hassle running it manually every day).

4 Likes

This is fantastic. FatPhil Thank you.

1 Like

Thanks Henrik! My love for RB was always my love for the community, so whatever I can do to help prop that up I’m happy to do.

… He says bullshitting wildly. The real reason is so I can see myself climb as I type my UK backlog in! On saturday, I did this:
36 FatPhil 639 ▲10 0 / 1 / 0
and on sunday, this:
35 ▲1 FatPhil 652 ▲13 0 / 1 / 0

Fear me! :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

Hopefully antending GBBF 2020. Fear me!