Christmas Beers

I’ve had my first Christmas beer today so thought I start a Christmas beer thread.

Not a great beer, far from it. It’s one of those Home Bargins specials.

3 Likes

Looks like Tiny Rebel aren’t bothering with their 25 unique beers calendar this year so I’ll have little input to the festive season in '23

They’ve got a 12 beers one, although it sounds like it’s not all new beers:

Yeah … saw that … south devon ambrosia custard league tier VI compared to the past 2 seasons !!

Had this Irish Christmas Pudding stout paired with an actual Christmas Pudding back in October courtesy of @BlackHaddock

https://www.ratebeer.com/beer/brehon-stir-up-sunday/1106346/

Beer was sadly lacking all of the promised Christmas Pudding-esque elements but was fun to do anyway.

2 Likes

Unity have got two 12 Beers of Christmas boxes. One is more standard beers and the other includes specials. Probably going to orser the latter. 12 new ticks (the rebrew of Ruska has different hops) for £55.

Gluten Free Christmas Beer. Will be in Sydney for Xmas this year so starting early in the UK

2 Likes

Unremarkable

1 Like

So unremarkable you added it without a name :rofl:

Yes, sorry about that. I have sent a correction. :man_shrugging:

Dont worry … if I see someone I follow drop something missing I usually fix myself there and then.

I was just rating a few beers and before I got to it @jmgreenuk had already fixed !

2 Likes

I am in Birmingham on Monday. Going to head to Stourbridge with a colleague for a few hours after work. Was hoping that Bathams XXX would be out. It’s released the following Thursday. Annoying.

Edit: entire trip cancelled for a meeting in Farnborough. Most then rang in on Teams Goddammit.

1 Like

Just realised I had this about a month ago. It’s an ESB, nothing especially christmassy about it apart from Saint Nick on the label, although I did say in my rating that it would probably accompany Christmas dinner well.

My Christmas is sorted!

<*))))))><

1 Like

Had this yesterday too.

Joules Draybells • RateBeer

<*))))))><

1 Like

We simply don’t produce quality Christmas beers in the UK. Only good one is Harvey’s Christmas ale in my opinion, but it’s very sweet. Leave it to the Belgians who produce the best Christmas beers in the world by a long way.

Your post prompted me to check out the local Joules pub for a lunchtime pint, kerching! my 1st Christmas beer of the season (although I did have Cloudwater ‘I Wish It Could Be Citra Every Day’ at the weekend, but not sure that really counts)

1 Like

Dolphin? Still not checked out Joules new place on Wyle Cop. Self-serve green monkey anyone??

Kings Arms in Church Stretton - I work in the town so it’s my local during the working week! I still haven’t checked out their new one in Salop either, by all accounts it’s supposed to look fabulous

1 Like

Not a Christmas Beer, but a Christmas Mulled Cider from Edinburgh Cider Co.

3 Likes