Coronation Beers

Finally managed to find a coronation beer and then another three came along. All golden beers and low abv. Very disappointed, but not unexpected…

1 Like

Just had this at Heathrow spoons. Supposed to taste of honey and blackcurrant. It doesn’t.

Old style trad caramel affaire. Passable.

1 Like

Just trying the Theakston Crowning Glory myself, but I do get the Honey!! but not much going on.

1 Like

That was me - that one’s been rebadged as Coronation Ale for the coronation, as per the thread above. It’s already had an alias added, but obviously you can’t tag the alias itself. Seemed correct therefore to tag the beer that the alias links to?

Apologies if I’ve done wrong, I’ve been trying to tag all the beers on this thread as they’ve come up to help out, but can stop if you’d prefer…?

Okay … thanks for explanation.
I unpicked it but won’t lose sleep over it if you want to add it back.
But personally it looks a bit daft, as what we all see of course is the Jubilee entry, so you’re spreading tags over 2 separate events for the same beer. Just an odd one and lazy bastards they are for just rebadging ! I did say this event would spurn rebadges way up top of this thread … surprised so lazy that they are just recycling Jubilee beers from a year ago !

Following the recent MBCC madness, me and @jmgreenuk managed to get the Harvey’s Coronation cask beer tick at Charles Bar here in Copenhagen today…

https://www.ratebeer.com/beer/harveys-carolean-crown-cask/1103167

(as well yet another obligatory St Austell small batch brew tick of course) :grinning:

3 Likes

I was not at all interested in the street party down the road but discovered that 3 guys down the road are Beer 52 Subscribers and that a new guy is also a former skater. There’s a skate kid down the road and we’ve both been watching him skate past when we are working in our respective spare rooms and hear the noise of the board on the tarmac. So Dad’s Bones Brigade Skate Crew to be formed.

The people over the road like to party so ended up taking some beers there and having a tasting. The most used adjective was ‘disgusting.’ A fight, peope doing coke in the loo and one guy faceplanting the patio. Super community event.

Well it was ‘Charlie’s’ coronation so this seems somehow apt…

2 Likes

The only other way to do it would be to have a separate beer entry for each event, which would be even messier. Don’t see a problem with having separate tags on the same beer - isn’t that what they’re for? Ideally for the M&S one I think the Platinum Jubilee one needs changing to the alias, with the Coronation one becoming the main entry, but appreciate that’s a lot of work for the hard-pressed admins for a one-off beer so I’m not going to go there! Maybe worth just updating the description for clarity though?

Incidentally before reading this I also added a Coronation tag to the Bateman’s Jewel in the Crown brew, which looks like it was used for the 50th, 60th and 70th Jubilees in addition to the Coronation. There’s a small ABV reduction on that one (4.5 to 4.1) but I assume we’ll keep it as one entry anyway. I’ve already submitted corrections for the description and ABV on that one.

1 Like

I landed this beauty recently and drank it tonight.

4 Likes