Cotteridge Wines Convention V

Cheers @jmgreenuk, my ‘drinking around the world’ game has ground to a halt lately, a Bhutan rate will help to kick start it again.

Anyone else bringing a rare country tick?

<*))))))><

1 Like

What’s under your blanket grandmama?

It was a cold morning in Orange County (California) and ‘Peanut’ came to help me keep warm, the cream cheese on my bagel and the beer also helped; nothing under the blanket except my magnificent body!

<*))))))><

I’ll try to bring India which will probably be a craft tick for most people at least

1 Like

I have managed to rate 7 Indian beers, none of which could be classed as ‘craft’, each and everyone was a lager, Lady Bird Bio Beer being one of them!

<*))))))><

India has a number of micro/craft breweries now, Delhi and Bengaluru in particular have a ridiculous number of brewpubs. However, while macro is almost all if not entirely bottled, I’ve seen very few craft bottles

1 Like

I have one bottle of beer from Belarus I can save?

Just realised that my plan to bring back beer from Finland is no good because I’m hand luggage only. Hopefully one of my mates’ll bring a suitcase.

1 Like

I have had a beer from Belarus, but suspect most will not have, so please bring what ever bottle you have, it will be greatfully received.

<*))))))><

I still need Serbia if anyone has a beer from there.

Not often I hear “I need Serbia”. I hope you find it!!

Had a new country last Monday: Moldova!

https://www.ratebeer.com/beer/litra-armando-otchoa-kollabrett-kriek/474140/97853/

<*))))))><

2 Likes

North Korea ticked off yesterday … just the 1 rate gets you in the top 50 for the country (albeit in random order as to whether you get listed or not)

Wow that’s some departure! Ratebeer Bavarian gathering?

Sorry guys, I have to pull out.

It’s The Wellington ‘Mid-Summer Fayre’ on the same day and I have ‘Ale Taster’ duties to perform.

<*))))))><

Sorry to that you’re not going to be there. Hope to share a beer again soon.

1 Like

Surely a man of your influence could get them to postpone it till actual mid summer, the following week

2 Likes

We need a new volunteer to haßle people to fill out the beer sheet.

Only 4 months tomorrow!

2 Likes

Been there … done that … organised by yours truly Feb 2014!

1 Like

Seems like time for a redo

So 11 people going according to the event page. Was a virgin last year and came back a man, minus a notebook of ratings. So if you’re pondering going I suggest you do. Due to the trains I booked, I was one the last to arrive and first to leave but will aim to make more of it this year.

3 Likes