England visit January 2-7. County Hunting-On Track

Enjoy Grainstore, if you ever get there.

Train ticket sounds excellent. First Class anywhere at anytime.

Looks like we made it, Peterborough next.

2 Likes

The Brewery Tap, Peterborough.

Had an Inferno, best beer of today, fresh light crisp flowery hops. Off to Grantham in a moment

Everything is on track

Train-pun intended?

off course

Live report here: At BeerheadZ, listening to Ramones, drinking Christopher, got to leave shortly for Nottinghamā€¦

still arriving Sheffield 1814 tonight?

Yes, heading Into Nottingham now, on schedule. 2 pubs here before heading to Sheffield with departure 17:17

cool, Iā€™ll be in Tap for 1815. Look for the bloke in the leather trenchcoatā€¦

any particular plans?

No particulary plan, no.
A couple at Tap, then check in and get rid of luggage, try the 2-3 best places central, early evening, could easily get derailed thoughā€¦
Look for 2 guys with small siĆŗitcases, heading for the tap list, spectacles on bothā€¦

First stop in Nottingham, the famous Ye Olde Trip To Jerusalem, great place, now heading towards the station again, pit stop at Canalhouseā€¦

where you staying? most of the hotels are on the way to the Shakespeare, which is my second home. Iā€™d say the other must-do pubs are the Rutland and the Devonshire Cat

Staying at Novotel, Sheffield Centre.

Visited counties on trip: 13
Remaining:11
Km walked: 33
Or 47 000 steps

1 Like

on that basis I may take you to the Rutland on the way to the hotel - itā€™s a slight detour, but saves backtracking after checkin

1 Like

On the sceduled train, should arrive on time @evilempire

cool, Iā€™m still at work, but as my office is probably closer the Sheffield Tap than the platform youā€™ll arrive onā€¦!

1 Like

Fell asleep in Chesterfieldā€¦

Station name of today: Melton Mowbray

1 Like