England visit January 2-7. County Hunting-On Track

Yeah, this type of threads are great. I also remember a great one a while back with someone, who-could-it-have-been, trying to get a certain number of Fuller’s beers in one evening. :clap:

Found it:
https://www.ratebeer.com/forums/my-fulleraes-beer-search-19-december_281707.htm

OK, first day update

4 counties
6 places so far, could be a couple more
13 beers rated, will be more
Trains and service is top notch
At Firefly, Worcester for the mome, Great place, good fridge, Cloudwater next

1 Like

Best beer of the day
Twisted Barrel Single Hop Series - Chinook
Amazing

On track again, from Worcester to Birmingham , lots of travellers unhappy for cancelled train when we left, lack of traindriver…
Consider ourselves lucky
First beer to be sinked in Wellington,before we head to Nuneaton

At Crown Inn at Nuneaton. All Ales 2 quid, a bargain for us Norwegians.

4 Likes

@Garrold is to blame for this.

At NBC, Burton -on- Trent. The Brewery Tap, 6 HP and 8 keg lines. Nothing special, except the horses, and the sparklers (acc to Holmen2)

:heart:️ sparklers

1 Like

Coopers Tavern, a true gem in Burton-on-Trent. You should visit !.

1 Like

Easily the best pub in Burton. I do miss my after work drinks there.

1 Like

4 beers at Coopers Tavern, leaving for train to Derby next.
Had worse days tbh. Green Devil as the last beer, just what we needed after those bland bitters…

Done with Derby, definately a place I could revisit and spend more time. Visited 5 pubs and 1 spoon, all good in their own way. Smithfield was a nice surprise with live music and a very good beer selection, good food at Tap, beers so,so. Alexandra with a great vibe and splendid beers.
Almost time for the train to Leicester, breakfast at JDW there, before we reach Grainstore when opening (11)

An incredible trip going on here, jealous of what you are doing and it’s fascinating to follow. Good luck with the remainder of your pilgrimage.

Yes, tusen takk for updating us on your progress!

Yes a great beer drinking city is Derby.

Good luck with the rest of your quest.

Are there any restrictions on your train ticket or can you travel on any train at any time?

No restrictions at all, any time, any where 1.Class. Makes it real easy to travel, no hassle, travelpass on mobile (paper as backup)

Greased up at The Last Plantagenet, Leicester, a good start for a long day. Grainstore at Oakham next, planned arrival 10 minutes before they open…

2 Likes

This is going to take some beating as thread of the year for 2018!

Delayed train, killing time here…

1 Like