Good king henry

Really is Edinburgh the only place to have got this!!

London and Portsmouth.

1 Like

But no ones had it and im on my 4th visit

I spotted it was on at the Hop Locker on Friday evening and immediately regretted not having worked in London that day.

1 Like

That a new beer then ? I didn’t bother with it when I was there Friday?

Last release I believe.

Someone aded it as new. So i rated ita s new, though i was gonna have it regardless. and been back 3 times since :smiley:

Alan said he should be doing it at grain again.

1 Like

The Hop Knocker in Durham has it on also

I added it, it’s now brewed at Grain but as a collab with Alan. Slightly stronger now too. Hasn’t been at my local Grain pub in Ipswich yet as far as I know. The picture I uploaded was from their social media release - was that the pump-clip in Edinburgh @cgarvieuk ?

1 Like

I remember reading it was to be brewed at Grain a while back but when I saw it on Friday there was no pump clip and no mention of Grain on the chalk board so I’d clean forgot and scrolled past as I was on limited time !

yeah pub clip was at Monties in Edinburgh.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10162588237190181&set=gm.1011250392568294&type=3&theater

1 Like

:scream::anguished::cry:

1 Like

Any of the Good Henry Reserve bottles this year are the last batch Alan did at Old Chimney. He mentioned it was in barrels when I chatted with him in late 2018.

1 Like

I thought it to be such a special beer that I decided not to alias it to the original, this keeps the original ratings and gives people a chance to compare the Grain Brewery version. I haven’t seen the Grain version yet but at least they are advertising the fact that it is different on their pump clip.

3 Likes

yeah im interested to see what happens over time with the score

I agree! Good idea Glenn.

1 Like

I’ve not fallen over yet !

Didn’t kick last weekend so second bite of the cherry for me !

1 Like