How is your COVID-19 beer budget?

Interesting that you mention beer fest, because I haven’t seen a mention of any (in the Spring/Summer periode) that have been canceled or postponed at a latter date.

A lot of beer fests have been cancelled. Mikerphone Smells Like a Beer Fest and Dark Lord Day being the two big ones I can think of. Mikerphone apparently had to/ has to refund 125,000 dollars worth of tickets.

I imagine this will really hurt the small breweries that don’t have their stuff in stores and rely on keg and in house sales.

1 Like

I should have been going to Zythos soon, cancelled and refunded. All Beer Festivals appear to have been cancelled right through to August from what I can see, Peterborough has been cancelled at the end of August as well.

1 Like

From what I understand about Peterborough, they weren’t sure whether it would be viable and didn’t really want to be competing with the pubs who will be so desperate for trade if things are up and running by then. I think the idea of a Peterborough Beer Week was mooted? If so I might check that out. I could spend a week in the Stoneworks alone.

The city of Montreal just cancelled all events until July 2, so the Mondial de la Bière won’t be happening this year.

My money is not effected by the virus (some of my investments might be though), so no problems with my budget; I just miss going to the pub. I am a social drinking usually but I also drink at home too. Stash was at around 120 when we started being restricted, had two local deliveries since so no problems keeping a selection or large amount of beers available to me.

Petrol down to just over £1:00 a litre here in Shropshire and plenty of on line beer options at the moment, so all good!

<*))))))><

1 Like

I actually thought I was cutting back, but I seem to be spending about the same amount, unfortunately it’s mostly in the form of 4- or 6-packs and I feel a bit obligated to help out some of my local breweries, so I’ve been going to the ones I like to get a few beers. Generally I get tasters or flights of most of my beers at local bars, so this is definitely impacting the variety that I get.

I haven’t been a big drinker at home for a number of years, so this has been a big change to crack open more than one beer in a given night. I’ve lost weight this year and am almost back to what I weighed when I was in my late-teens.

2 Likes

Didn’t think of this! So true.