Just talk about beer

I have a trip up to Newcastle on Saturday, hoping to get to Wylam, Box Social and a few other places. If the weather holds, snow fall forecast in Newcastle

Virtual Bar on Friday 25th Jan 2019; Burns Night.

<*))))))><

I may get the chance to be in Bermondsey on Saturday. Could water will be one of the chosen venues for sure!

Let me know when you are about and we can meet up if you want. I’ll be somewhere around there in Bermondsey from 10.00 to late afternoon/early evening depending on how drunk I am by then.

1 Like

Quick tour of Canterbury planned this evening. 3 pubs and The Bottle Shop, 40 taps and as many rates as possible.

Out with Margie’s school friends and their husbands tonight, at one of their houses for drinks and stuff, not taking any new beers with me, so no rates for me today. Tomorrow (Saturday 19th Jan), I am having a Pilsener/Lager tasting session at home with myself, while eating the remains of our Christmas Cheese Mountain and Crisp packet collection.

Must admit Bermondsey and Canterbury sound more fun!

<*))))))><

1 Like

Sounds good! I’m definitely going now so would be happy to meet up. It’s my first time so trying to hit about 12 places, requiring some backtracking.

Kernel: 9.45-10
Cloudwater 10-11
Bottleshop: 11-11.45
A&H: 11.45 - 12.45
Barrel Project: 12.45 - 1.30
Moor 1.30 - 2.15
London Calling Sweden 2.15 - 3
BBNo: 3 - 3.45
Rest/Walk/Eat/Puke (general break): 3.45 - 4.45
Eebria Taproom: 4.45 - 5.30
Affinity: 5.30 - 6.15
Partizan 6.15 - 7.15
Fourpure: 7.15 - 8
(not including walking from one bar to another!)

Happy to amend if necessary according to Ian’s plan (or anybody else who wants to join up), but I am keen to hit all 12 in the day :smiley:

2 Likes

Newcastle here we come.

Coffee for the first train for me. Maybe had one or two more than we thought last night.

1 Like

But is it craft coffee?

More crap coffee than craft coffee.

Sounds like a plan. See you in Kernel where I should be at 09 45 if not Cloud water after 10.00

1 Like

On the east coast mainline. Having train beers.

https://www.ratebeer.com/beer/wild-weather-damn-dead-blueberry/697185/![image|375x500](upload://mUFSIoDpFuID6Z7uibNIYQS1zJN.jpeg)

Was supposed to be going to London today but the whole household has some virus. However have made up for it by booking flights to Helsinki for my birthday pub crawl. £94 return only, Finnair must be desperate.

Arrived at Newcastle and popped into the Victoria Comet for breakfast and a beer.

Nice display of the local beer. Next stop Wylam.

1 Like

Might be one of the best looking breweries in England.

3 Likes

2 Likes

harrisoni and jjsint have cleared Kernel, Cloudwater, The Bottle Shop and Anspach & Hobday.

2 Likes

Having a beer or two at the Cuban cigar club in Newcastle. Brought our own take out beers from Wylam. Happy days.

1 Like

Had a pub lunch at this cracking country pub today after walking the doges at Cliveden.

https://www.ratebeer.com/p/goto/1133/

No less then 9 cask/gravity beers from 8 different breweries and 6 bladder bag ciders.

5 new ticks for me all told !

1 Like

Quiet evening in with these five new lagers, joint tasting with the wife.

<*))))))><