Manchester (food) advice

Hi,

I am visiting Manchester tomorrow but I only have around 1hr 45m. I plan to visit the Cloudwater taproom and one other spot (haven’t decided where yet).

Given my limited time can anyone recommend somewhere to grab food quickly in the Piccadilly area? Will probably just want to grab something and go but given there seems to be a lot of good food and drink in Manchester I’d like to get something decent! Do any of the other taprooms around there have food?

Yeah I fancied this but wondered how quickly they’d be able to serve me on a Saturday lunchtime? Is it quick?

I was really underwhelmed by Bundobust. Average Indian starters and sides on paper plates. The portion of daal was particularly small. But at least the beer is way better than your average Indian. Service was quick - nothing complicated.

I did however have an amazing pork pie later that day at The Crown and Kettle.

2 Likes

Been there a couple of times and service was very swift. I thought food was as reasonable and tasty as I can get locally in Southall or Harrow. Beers were well chosen and of local variety too.

For anyone interested I grabbed a mac and cheese from Northern Soul Grilled Cheese right by the station. It was delicious but having seen the sandwiches ordered by other people, I probably should have gone for one of them instead.

1 Like