Please Post Request/Bugs in separate threads in the Feedback Forum

It’s way too easy to accidentally rate things with the slider when using the site on a cellphone because there’s no confirmation button that you actually wanted to rate the beer. Perhaps that’s what happened?

It’s happened to me a few times when looking at stuff that other people had rated. People have already asked for this to be addressed (probably a couple of hundred posts back), but obviously it hasn’t been addressed yet, along with the other multiple requests.

5 Likes

Now I can edit the forum titles…even If im not the author of the forum!!

Is this a bug or another super feature?

This was possible from the beginning for me at least.

3 Likes

I only noticed it today. A strange option for a forum.

Yeah Its been available from the Begining.

And its not usual as its fairly standard widly used forum software.

Its comunity Lead. So yeah anyone can edit it, but owner is notified and Abusers can be locked down.
So its pretty much like wikepedia. Any one can edit but if abused you will be banned.

Thats what the trust levels in teh forum are all about

2 Likes

Same here.

That’s what must have happened. Thanks.

So Latest activity feed has become totally useless! Good job RB!

2 Likes

I went to edit a rating and the field that opens is totally empty, meaning I need to write my review from the beginning. I thought to copy my review and paste it, editing the part I wanted but that’s not possible either, wtf, if I need to correct a spelling mistake I need to write my whole rating again??

3 Likes

New level! I see my friend feed, but when I click on beer it shows no ratings. Very well done again. Nice features.

1 Like

If you’ve got a real keyboard, you can perhaps fool RB into letting you copy your rating into the clipboard by holding down Ctrl whilst you select the text. I know that has worked in X/Linux for me, and I’ve heard rumours that it works in MS Windows too.

It’s not so much “using” Ratebeer as it is fooling Ratebeer into letting you do what you actually want to do.

2 Likes

Next feature will hopefully fix it:)

1 Like

Thanks, but it doesn’t seem to work for me. I am holding Ctrl down but the text stays highlighted only let’s say 1 out of the 50 times I’ve tried.

so i deleted my ratings from around 1400 to 110. now i’ve been blocked from deleting any more ratings and receive an “Unauthorized” message.

1 Like

Why?

2 Likes

Gotta thank @gnoff for fixing quickly my error in entering a beer…the name was wrong. Prost!!

2 Likes

And why exactly you suddenly hate so much the website that you decided to take all that time to delete your 1400 ratings?

3 Likes

Yeah, signing out and not coming back would have been easier.

2 Likes

gnoff has been killing it

2 Likes

Did the “advanced search” link move? I couldn’t find it on the site. It used to be on the main page. I had to google “ratebeer advanced search” to find it and do a search.