• Imperial wit
  • White imperial stout
  • Black IPA
  • Sour tripel
  • Sour stout/porter

0 voters

none of these. Kristallweizen it is.

3 Likes

I could have subtitled this “pointless” haha.

Ah damn that’s a good one. And here I was just in Berlin and proud of myself for finding like 2 more krystallweizen ticks for a total of like 5. I was really looking for weizenbocks, which I like, and dunkler bocks and dunkelweizens, which are like non existence, and found very few of all of those styles. Just a lot of hefes, kellers, pils and dunkels.:roll_eyes::cry::cry:

1 Like

If IPAs were traveling to India and were stored in barrels, weren’t they barrel aged already?

2 Likes

To my mind most whisky barrel aged styles that are not stout or barley wine are pretty pointless, like Allagash Curieux.

2 Likes

Sour stouts / porters are like oud bruins only they tend to be garbage. Fermented bitter and sour garbage.

3 Likes

Where’s imperial porter?

1 Like

Session DIPA

7 Likes

I can’t decide between White Imperial Stouts and BA IPAs.

1 Like

In terms of contradictory I forgot about Florida Berliner weisse, haha. Although good, it is a contradiction. Then again I just had a Florida style berliner weisse from Canada in a Berlin pub. Way too meta there.

2 Likes

Ya, i hear you. Maybe excepting English/American strong ale, if those are even styles rather than just whatever we couldn’t fit into a real category. Barrels usually ruin most tripels or quads, with a few notable exceptions

Addjunked Kolsch?

2 Likes

I was actually just going to add Kolsch in general :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

What do you feel Kolsch style is contradictory to?
Gender confusion between ale & lager?

1 Like

Just messing around. I think more because all these Canadian and U.S. breweries usually just call something a “kolsch” when they fucked another relatively light style up.

3 Likes

Understood. I’ve had a few pretty bad examples too, not that I’m any “expert” on the style but I know it’s supposed to be a very simple and light style. A major reason I’m such a fan. You’d think it pretty hard to fuck up but… “life finds a way”. :grinning:

Ya I find it wasn’t so much that people fucked up Kolsch. They were just trying to make something else in the first place, then called it a Kolsch when that other style fucked up. Since nobody really knows what a Kolsch is, it works… :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Very true as I’ve seen beers “reintroduced” as Kolsch after having previously labelled otherwise.
And vice versa.

“Craft” Beer

2 Likes