Well?!

Kinda silly I know though I’m curious to see what happens. Delete if too damn silly. :v:t2:

3 Likes

I’d get rid of pale ale, bored of the omnipresent buggers.

3 Likes

Hazy. I like them…. But there are too damn many of them where I am. Some breweries are pumping them out instead of making something different for once.

3 Likes

Hazy!!!

2 Likes

Pilsner is boring at best. Pale ale is ok. Stout is blah if dry but great otherwise. Hazy IPA is an abomination.

1 Like

You must’ve had too few proper pilsners. A proper, somewhat rustical Czech one is anything but boring. :smiley:

5 Likes

I think the Stout has to go Gluten Free, then I can drink it!

Toss up between Hazy & Pilsner for me, but would be sad whichever

2 Likes

Hazy and it’s not even close. I also like how places brew a cloudy IPA/DIPA and call it a hazy.

5 Likes

Hazy. We can have proper IPAs still right? :slight_smile: The hit to miss ratio on hazys is way too high.

3 Likes

3 Likes

I call them cloudys, most make a proper Hefeweizen look bright!

1 Like

Well I like all those styles but going by my average scores I would have to say Pilsner to go. I’ve had some great Czech and German ones in particular but I guess there are quite a few average ones out there.

1 Like

All my gushing 4.5 ratings might suggest otherwise, but hazy of course.

3 Likes

I’ve had 271 pilsners and not 1 was worthy of more than a 4.0. And damn few came even close to that. In fact only pale lager, malt liquor and low alcohol consistently score lower in terms of style for me.

1 Like

Hazy

3 Likes

Nah, fair 'nuff, apart from personal tastes, it’s partly a local market thing (I have 1050 Bohemian pilsners to your 55 for example, 433 pilsners to your 255 - and I’m not actively seeking out either usually) + I guess you’re not getting the freshest of the fresh and the best of the best from Europe, and I see you gave quite decent scores to regular Urquell and Únětické, which are good, but not top tier in CZ, partly the fact that they will rarely score around a 4 even to me due to the nature of the site - and yet, in a heap of not-having-a-tasting circumstances, I’d take them, personally, over almost any examples of the other styles listed.

I kinda wish for you/anyone really who hasn’t had the chance to be able at some point to get proper fresh Czech, even German stuff, for a better perspective of things.

5 Likes

Oh damn check out all the cool kids saying they don’t like hazies and pilsners.

2 Likes

Oooh, does that mean I’m a cool kid? Do I get a badge? :grinning:

3 Likes

Yeah, Pils is not a style that holds up great to age and travel I am sure. It would definitely be interesting to try some of these fresh in their native lands. But I can really only opine on what I have experienced - and here in the US. Pilsner is a very poorly executed style that I tend to avoid unless I am getting it as a throw in for a flight.

3 Likes