RateBeerian of the Year Awards 2017 - The Winners

1 Like

That is a great short film

3 Likes

All this doesnā€™t alter the actual fact that youā€™re all a pile of massive cunts.

9 Likes

Thanks brother, means a lot.

1 Like

Does this mean we have to change the name of the award?

1 Like

@Leighton is out boosting really hard but he said heā€™s gonna make a speech after winning Lifetime Achievement at the ripe old age of 31.

4 Likes

I really hope it isnā€™t his lifetime. I literally love Leighton.

1 Like

Sure. I didnā€™t really die.

1 Like

Why would anyone think you were dead?

As much as I am glad I won the top thread of the year, as I think I should have won it last year instead of coming second. This year I do think @LazyPyro thread on the bottle shops that came second should have won.

3 Likes

Well done to all the winners and runners up; I know five of them personally, which is ā€˜niceā€™.

<*))))))><

4 Likes

Thanks very much for the recognition. I appreciate it. Thanks to Blipp for organising. Itā€™s great fun to reflect on the past year, and the people in our strange corner of the Internet who helped to shape it. I am always impressed by the RateBeer community. It is made up of some really pretty decent folks - and Gary.

Last year was certainly an interesting one for RateBeer, probably the strangest since I joined back in 2008. I hope 2017 will end up marking a positive turning point for the site; although, and Iā€™m sure @discobot will agree with me here, itā€™s hard to see what the trajectory is for RateBeer. But Iā€™m still enjoying it.

Also, I donā€™t turn 31 until April.

Cheers all.

11 Likes

Thanks @blipp for organising this and congrats to all the winners!

Thanks to everyone who voted for me in RBian of the Year and also for my bottleshop threads. While I greatly appreciate the votes and also the love my bottleshop threads get, as I made clear in the voting thread Iā€™m not convinced these efforts on the forums qualified me for the first award but regardless, thank you all who did vote, itā€™s good to know a lot of people find the threads useful. Congrats to Theydon_Bois for winning RBian of the Year though, because from what I read it sounded like he was a far more deserving winner of it than I would have been! Truly someone to be looked up to.

4 Likes

Donā€™t start looking up to Colin, that is a step on slippery slope to meeting Hades.

<*))))))><

1 Like

Will @Gary ever win an award?
@discobot fortune

Congrats all, nice job doneā€¦ .
Especially thx to @erzengel - we took the trading from all beverages on RB to a new level - Tea :coffee:ļø!?

Cheers all // Thomas

4 Likes

You should come and stare into the gates of Hades and also @BlackHaddock at ā€¦

2 Likes

Will @Gary ever win an award?
@discobot fortune

@discobotā€™s top forum stats:
He/she/it has started MINUS 4 threads.
He/she/it has visited the site on 0 days yet still read 2,600 posts.
He/she/it has liked two of @RichTheVillanā€™s posts!

Not sure which of those stats is the most remarkable, but a worthy winner all the same. Congrats to @discobot, and to all the other winners too

3 Likes