RB European Summer Gathering 2023 - Zagreb, Croatia - July 13-16

So, yeah.

This can finally be doable this year. The town itself with the local breweries should be interesting / fun enough for people who haven’t visited the country, though we may decide to dedicate the Saturday to Ljubljana, Slovenia. Tagging @hrabren and @ogivlado so that they start getting responses for this.

UPDATE: CLEARER ITINERARY:

-early bird mini pub-crawl on the Thursday 13.7. - meeting at 13:00 the bus stop across the street from the Ethnographic Museum Zagreb, taking the 118 to Spicy Days (Zagorska ul. 55 for those who will go there directly". When we’re done with that, Uber/Bolt to Zmajska Pivovara (Ul. Kreše Golika 3). The afternoon is freestyle then - some pub crawl of decent bars with good selections that we won’t fit in otherwise.

-Friday 14.7. - meetup at 10:00 at the Jelačić square (Trg bana Josipa Jelačića) by the statue - a round or two at Valhalla beer bar and then perhaps Mali Medo before we head from there to Mlinarica for beers and lunch - which will be booked for 12:30. From there, we’ll go to Bir (more food available), and perhaps hit something else along the way for quick rare ticks, before getting to Ambasada. Very good Thai food next door to it. After a round or four there, taking the no. 5 tram towards Fakin Craft Bar (depending on the ticks we got at Mali Medo) and Makedonski Merak - food available at those two. A stop at Teachers Pub - Zagreb’s newest brewpub, and we end the day at Goblet Zagreb and other places.

-Saturday 15.7. - visit to Nova Runda in Zabok, a town not far from Zagreb - it’s their birthday, and there will be an event there! :smiley: The event starts at 15:00. Transport - we have two options - train from 11:37, arriving at 12:20 - which would include us visiting Polanović and eating somewhere in town - or train at 14:35 - arriving at 15:18. If you have something other to do (or want a longer sleep) in Zagreb, pick the later one, if not, if there are willing people, we’ll split up and do teh early one as well. BE AT THE MAIN TRAIN STATION IN ZAGREB AT 11:20 or 14:20 RESPECTIVELY**. If we’re satisfied we’re done at the place in a bit more than 2h, we can catch the train at 17:56, meaning we leave at 17:25 roughly. The next and last train back is at 21:16, meaning we leave Nova Runda at 20:45 at the latest!** If someone needs to leave earlier, or wants to stay later, ask us, we’ll check if some of our friends are driving back (your own risk hah)!

-Sunday 16.7 - grand tasting at The Garden Brewery - let’s start gathering at 11:00 there. We will have our fridges, and a separate location - 20 taps inside and cans in fridges for those who want to do more. How to get here: Tram 2 - direction Savišće (better) or tram 13 - direction Žitnjak. - get off at Elka if you’re in 2 or the last station, Žitnjak if you’re in 13.

8 Likes

Interested :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Definitely interested. Last week of July and most of August I’ll be on holiday with the family, so those dates are not an option for me.

2 Likes

I would love to give this a try. I’ll let others suggest dates then see if I can fit in.

2 Likes

Definitely interested in! IMO June/July bad, August/September better. Any way I can always try to skip Friday work day and be in Zagreb Fri-Sun.

How do you travel from Zagreb to Ljubljana? Any issues with passports?

Janne

2 Likes

Croatia is Schengen, so there should be 0 issues between Zagreb and Ljubljana unless someone decides to play dumb about that (as certain countries do). Any EU ID card should be enough anyway between the two - the rest depends on where you’re traveling from.

1 Like

Interested. All depending on the date.

2 Likes

Yes if in August :slight_smile:

2 Likes

In the unlikely case that it will take place on the first weekend of June I’ll attend - I’ll be in Zagreb anyway.

2 Likes

Interested. July probably better for me. I will be away for 2.5 weeks in August, exact timing TBD (probably early/middle of the month, though).

2 Likes

Really want to take part (heard rumors of it being planned some time ago), but because I will very likely have US trip this year (that I didn’t originally plan), it’s likely that I have to skip this one… But maybe if the dates are ok, and cheap tickets are available I can still make it…

2 Likes

also interested.

2 Likes

Interested. If everything will be OK with my health.

3 Likes

Interested, depending on date of course

2 Likes

I should be there if there are no unexpected trips in that period. Looking forward to see y’all!

1 Like

We might even need your assistance for some things in some situations. :smiley: Should you be there and have the time ofc.

Of course, I’d be glad to help in any way I can.

3 Likes

I too am interested, dates willing.

<*))))))><

Any movement on this yet @marko?

Hope to have a concrete date by the end of the month, but damn busy here.

5 Likes