The Holy Grail of Beers: Founders Canadian Breakfast Stout

Crazy, there is literally as much as any one person could want just sitting on the shelves around here.

Everyone wanted to try it. Now they have.

It is not the next big thing. Everyone wants the next big thing.

I am glad to see some people still excited about.

I’m now thinking of King Arthur hunting this beer armed with nothing but a pair of half coconut shells… but being stymied in his quest by a French knight launching wooden animals at him…

1 Like

Not to forget the rabbit.

: That’s the most foul, cruel, and bad-tempered rodent you ever set eyes on!

1 Like
1 Like

Shelf turd here. Cases sitting around. Not worth almost $30 for a bomber.

gross

2 Likes

Sits around here and it’s very new to the area as this is only the 2nd year we’ve had it. I’ve seen it on the shelves at my local store for probably 2 weeks plus now. I bought 2 bottles at $23 each since I’ve not had it before but I am a bit surprised it hasn’t moved quicker. Especially since people will be lining up on Friday for BCBS. Makes no sense to me some buying habits.

Especially since you can get BCBS in a Rite Aid.

1 Like

Never tried it. Only seen it once – in a bottle shop, probably illegally imported. They were selling it for the equivalent of $25 dollars for a small bottle. Couldn’t justify spending that much.

1 Like

Beer shouldn’t cost that much.
Just chose another beer of equivalent quality and reasonable price.

2 Likes

Holy Grail ??? Really?? :rofl:

2 Likes

I enjoyed the beer. Both recent installments in my area sold out within days. I bought some the first go around and am staring at a few bottles, I would prefer small format bottles. It was rare at one time. If Founders makes adjustments I would expect this to come out every other year, but who knows may be this beer will be easy to get from now on like Alexander.

1 Like

There’s a definite The Fox and the Grapes thing here. If I can get it it can’t be that good. But I really liked CBS (and Alexander for that matter) even if they weren’t quite the holy grail. Blogs on the other hand? – What does this blog review seek to add? You link to it here to promote it, but what is there here for people who have had this beer? Or people who are members of this site who can read reviews (OK, that’s harder than it one was, but still)? What insight is it even trying to edge up to?

1 Like

Seen plenty of bottles of it after release where I live in Belgium and even had in tap at a festival, distribution is wide with this one. It is a highly tasty beer but far from rare or hard to find these days.

I don’t know why I would buy an expensive bottle made 1000s of miles away when there are several breweries local to me making comparable products at a (slightly) more reasonable price.

2 Likes

Because an unknown guy on RateBeer posted a link to a blog in which some beer bro called Viduch told you to. Obviously.

2 Likes

So you’ll cheerfully go to your demise without trying a highly rated beer ready to hand? Hmmmm

1 Like

I’d buy a bottle just to try it. $30? I’ve paid more. Looking at you Utopias.

1 Like