Travelling to Malta - tips welcome

Hi all,

I’ll be travelling to Malta from dec 28 till jan 1 for a quick trip. As Ratebeer places is quite … aged on info im open for tips.

Will be staying in the city of Mellieha.

Not been to Malta for years, but I used to like Farsons Hop Leaf and Blue Label beers. I’m sure you’ll find those everywhere on the island. Can’t help with bars, sorry.

<*))))))><

I was in Malta for a week in September and these are the places I’ve visited:
Hole in the Wall in Sliema is a small pub with a a few taps (4 or so), and mainly Belgian beers, some obscure Maltese stuff and common UK crafts like Vocation.
67 Kapitali in Valleta has 7 or 8 taps, all of which are Lord Chambray, basically the whole sortiment. Apart from this they have a couple dozen bottles and cans (Maltese stuff, Mikkeller and To Ol mainly when I was there) a few ciders too.
Wild Honey in Valleta is located pretty close to 67 Kapitali, it had similar offerings too. 4 taps if I’m not mistaken, and a couple dozen cans and bottles from Malta, Denmark, and the UK apart from some stuff from Sierra Nevada.
The Crafty Cat in St Julians havent been here, but it’s a verified venue on UT so you can easily check the offerings.

3 Likes

I’m sure you’ll have a great time there. Here are a few tips to help you make the most of your trip: - Malta is a tiny country, so getting around is relatively easy. You can either rent a car or use public transportation. If you’re using public transportation, be sure to get a Malta card, which will give you discounts on bus and ferry tickets. Also, there are many tourist routes you can explore, as I did in Berlin. I found them on www.freetour.com. - Mellieha is an excellent base for exploring the island. From here, you can easily visit nearby towns like Mdina and Valletta. - Malta is known for its beaches, so be sure to spend some time at one of the many beaches around the island. Mellieha Bay is a great option, and it’s only a short bus ride from Mellieha.