UK & Ireland, What are you drinking now?

Catching the end of the Spoons beer festival in Windsor. Minagof Juicy IPA. Didn’t get my goddamn Jersey tick.

2 Likes

Did you go to the new craft place?

French Imperial Black IPA with Cuttle Fish ink anyone ? Very nice and intriguing for sure

3 Likes

Misprized, the mild from the newest Fullers and Friends. A collab with Kirin Rock. I love beers like this… But it’s a bit… artificial? Too sweet? Not quite my sorta thing but drinkable enough.

2 Likes

Nah, just the one pint at Spoons.

Finally something decent from the 15 or so collabs I picked up in Waitrose a few weeks ago! :beer: Well, OK, the Wild Beer x Magic Rock Farmhouse was pretty decent too.
Google Photos

3 Likes

Not looking good for their check-in toast of this horrid barleywine. @BeerViking

3 Likes

This week’s food van at the business park where I work was offering Vibrant Cow Steak & Ale Pies. I asked if it was Vibrant Forest beer and was informed that they’ve moved to Camberley so have changed to Ascot Brewery. If it was a pint of beer I would have been annoyed at the substitution but the pie was gorgeous.

Ascot Anastasias in a pie.

Also, to be fair, Ascot Pie would sound like it was horse meat.

2 Likes

Gimme Ascot any time - horse meat is way tastier than cow meat.
(And their beer’s better too!)

You should avoid their new beers. They’ve bought a canning machine and are releasing a Milkshake IPA amongst other styles under a faux craft brewery brand.

First beer of a little tasting session with myself. Wife is out and Bertie the Dog is too young to drink!

<*))))))><

1 Like

Second beer of the random tasting is an easy drinking German Lager from West Yorkshire (Magic Rock).

<*))))))><

1 Like

Third beer of the evening, 3 x 330ml is almost a Litre: all fairly weak stuff so far (ABV’s of 3.3%, 4.5% and 3.9%, respectively).

<*))))))><

2 Likes

Fourth beer, a De Proef brewed Lost + Found R-23. Gets be a rare East Sussex rate!

<*))))))><

1 Like

Thurston’s Ruby Mild is the one in production beer I’ve not had from them. So although I was sat in my PJs with a cup of tea I got dressed again because a photo on Twitter alerted to me that it was on at the Crown in Horsell’s Oktoberfest. Jumped in the car aiming for a quick half due to having had some beers earlier in the day.

Ahhhh… Oktoberfest starts tomorrow. They didn’t mention that on Twitter.

Luckily Surrey Hills Colussion was on so that is at least one more of my Top 3 Surrey wants ticked off.

The Ruby will wait until tomorrow - we’ll be nearby although my wife had said she will go around the shops in Horsell and not go to the pub?! And perhaps they’ll have Tillingbourne Black Troll on too.

1 Like

Not sure if you’ve tried it yet, but the Fourpure Nor Cal was a good one

Is that one of the Sykline Collabs? I’ve only seen a couple of then. Hoped to try a few.

Brother-in-Laws O’Fest.
Choose a stein, then choose a beer!

<*))))))><

4 Likes

<*))))))><

1 Like