UK & Ireland, What are you drinking now?

Nipped in to Egham BF on route to Reading. Currently on the Marko Polo Festival Porter. Two other loners, one of whom is trying to secretly decant his beer into what is presumably a bottle in his rucksack. A Rateberian surely!

2 Likes

Apologies for sidling into someone’s personal space but I was looking over a shoulder thinking it looked like RB on the screen.

One more and I’m off. Last chance to meet one if the biggest dickheads on RB. Although as the other single guys moved away I suppose they read my original post a scarpered😁

1 Like

I’ve been on holiday in Norfolk and trying a few local beers this week. Staying in a nice cottage. Just trying a couple of Poppyland beers.

3 Likes

At Double-Barrelled in Reading. Considering I had to walk through a seemingly deserted industrial estate to get to it I cannot believe how rammed it is. Heaving.

1 Like

The Halloween Festival? I’m going to the birthday event next week at DB. Just back from work trip to Lisbon then Amsterdam, at least 15 Portuguese beers on Tuesday night (+13 bottles in suitcase) and last night 6 Dutch beers and Mamouche in Amsterdam, so just a small glass of port and early night :slight_smile:

Yep. Been meaning to go for a while. Really impressed. Even if chatting to people did hamper my rating. But now having to go home via Lightwater and Weybridge which is why I haven’t been before.

PS - I had a meeting in Romford today so those references to foreign work trips just make me dislike you😁

I won’t mention it again, my wife dislikes me too for this :slight_smile: DB is a great facility, I’ve popped over 3 or 4 times now, good space, nice people and the beer selection is solid, also the cans in the fridge are worth a browse.

1 Like

Uerige / Mikkeller collab? Was ist das?

2 Likes

I’m just drinking another of the skyliner collab set. This is Pressure Drop and Barrier 8.5% NEIPA. Very enjoyable.

1 Like

Love this one

1 Like

Hi all I’m in Manchester airport drinking a mild at Lion and Antelope. Not a great beer destination but should I add as place? I got a few JW Lee’s hand pumps. Thoughts?

4 Likes

@Jow. Please add it if it’s the best ‘ticking bar’ at Manchester Airport, always handy to know what’s the best option at airports.

<*))))))><

2 Likes

2 Likes

I’ll post here while in belfast this week.

1 Like

Recently had some Church Aston dark bitter/mild at Shifnal beer festival. An excellent drink from a small local brewer. Think it came second but have no details.
Anyone know where I can get some more please?

2 Likes

The Sump by Perennial at Double Barrelled Party

The guy at Church Aston brews in his garage (or so I am told) @LocalRespek59. I met him last year at Shifnal (2018 Shifnal Beer Festival).

The Cock Hotel in Wellington used to sell his beers, but it’s changed ownership so doubt it’s about any more.

<*))))))><

A bit lively, but once settled this Northern Irish ‘Belgian Tripel’ was really lovely.

<*))))))><

2 Likes