UK & Ireland, What are you drinking now?

Surrey ticked off and like 99.99% of Surrey beers it’s alright I suppose.

3 Likes

Another Protz 300 tick thanks to @SHIG.

This bottle made it from the US to Suffolk. From Suffolk to Surrey. And then my wife knocked the glass over.

To be fair I’d drunk more than some ratings.

4 Likes

I really like that beer, first had it in Alaska, many, many moons ago. It has happy memories for me and it’s also the best non-Dusseldorf brewed Alt I have ever had.

<*))))))><

1 Like

First beers on my Californian visit, a Trader Joe’s Oktoberfest Bier, two cans from a Beer Advent Calendar and a Mexican ‘tramp juice’. It should get better!

<*))))))><

1 Like

That is a rather imposing can of Mexican tramp juice. :beers:

Out of interest, how easy is it to find Central American beers in California (lagers from Guatemala, El Salvador, Nicaragua)? RateBeer tells me they are the easiest countries that I have not yet rated. I assume they are so “easy” because US raters have tried them.

@YantarCoast, not as easy as you might think finding Central American beers in Southern California. I did manage to get something from El Salvador (huge 43 oz bottle of Regia Extra) and a Nicaraguan bottle of Tona, which I took back to the UK to share. Haven’t found anything from Guatemala here yet. The Mexican Supermarket’s/Deli’s are not even happy hunting grounds, just the regular ‘Peasant Lagers’ usually and never in singles.

Finding anything not brewed in California isn’t easy to be honest, still plenty of choice though.

<*))))))><

Going to a Korean BBQ restaurant tonight, hope to pick up some South Korean rates (currently on 3).

1 Like

Keep your eyes out for Cerveza Monterrey.

Look for Hite

@weihenweizen, they had big bottles of Hite (already rated that) plus big bottles of Cass Fresh and OB Premier Pilsner. So two new rates. The BBQ was fun too, all you can eat for two hours.

<*))))))><

A really nice stout!

5 Likes

It’s just me, Unity Nocturne and two cats who are waiting for me to die so they can eat me.

(And, yes, a few horror films whilst the Mrs is out).

5 Likes

Slightly disappointed with this one. Maybe my expectations were too high.

2 Likes

The Mrs is still out for her work Christmas party so I took the opportunity to sneak in a third beer (and hopefully half a Guns N’ Roses concert on Youtube).

2 Likes

2 Likes

Bottle from the wonderful Fresh Field Market in Croydon. I love that shop.

2 Likes

5 years old and very tasty still

3 Likes

A very nice sweet-but-smoky porter.

(Sorry for the out of focus pic)

2 Likes

Wrong glass, I know. Lovely weissbier, though.

2 Likes

Howling Hops House IPA round at my mums.

2 Likes

Following two amazing goals against Chelsea, two amazing beers. Dylan’s Full Nelson, full of more jooooose than Al Cowling’s Bronco. If you want Nelson Sauvib done right then here you go. The little feller is Amundsen’s ZYGoat. Best Boxing Day in a long time.

3 Likes