USA Holiday Beer Swap 2020

I’m in!

1 Like

All, I will keep this open until Friday, and issue pairings shortly thereafter with everyone tagged and assignments.

1 Like

Dear Conspicuous Santas:

So the moment everyone has been waiting for with great anticipation is upon us. I shall now assign the pairings. Each person shall send a delightful holiday package to the individual below their name, with the last person sending to the first:

mansquito
@jbruner
@nimbleprop
@Clownoisseur
@Iphonephan
@drfabulous
@explosivedog
@wchesser
@Bacchus66
@Sledutah

Please get in contact with people above and below you to determine mailing addresses, beer preferences, astrological signs, etc… Endeavour to send packages (preferably wrapped in festive paper… or not) before December 25, and, upon receiving your package, please take a picture and post in this thread. Heck, you may even rate all of the beers! Please also try to include some local snacks or cool brewery swag or maybe even a bonus beer!

Now, as you may have seen @daalamar volunteered to send a package, but not receive (thank you for keeping the Holiday Spirit), accordingly, to be fair, I thought a Duck Race (a randomizing system among participants) would be a fair way to determine who would get such a package. @explosivedog volunteered to set this up. If this is OK with everyone, especially, @daalamar, he will post in this thread.

If anyone has any problems with the pairings, let me know either on this thread or in a beermail.

Best regards,

Regional Santa Manager

I’m good to go on all of this. No clue what a Duck Race is, but I’m in.

I also just realized I did not explain. Basically, it creates a random drawing amongst people and visualizes it with a duck race. It is often used in beer razzles on instagram and FB. I also edited my post to note it is a randomizer.

Fantastic!

Great!

Thanks for putting this together!

Sounds good to me, just hit me with a name and address and I’ll get it packed and shipped.

Happy Holidays everyone

Ok! I am setting up the duck race now. Will post the video (or link to if these forums don’t support video) in ten minutes or so.

Here is the duck race video, I will leave the winner as a surprise for now for the purposes of excitement. I forgot to turn down the resolution of my camera, so probably don’t download it if you have limited data as the file is huge. I included me adding names and things for transparency reasons, ducks start racing around the 56 second mark.

It is insisting on trying to embed the video in the forums and failing, so take the space out of this link to watch it somewhere where it will actually work.

https://www. dropbox.com/s/3ongriz1nkl8qx8/IMG_1815.MOV

2 Likes

OMG… Not sure what I can find special for someone with over 8k ratings but I’ll do my best. lol

Happy Holidays

I still need a name and address. I have messaged and received no response.

I will send it over to you on a private message.

Box received from nimbleprop! Wow!

Plenty of tasty treats for the holidays and coasters to keep the wife happy! Cheers!

My box is going out tomorrow after I gather a few more brews.

3 Likes

Iphonephan’s box hit today!

all great stuff! My box should be going out tomorrow.

3 Likes

My box is shipped!! I’ll pm the tracking number later. It’s not a pretty box and I couldn’t find any swag but there are some rare gems in there along with a couple classics.

Box from wchesser! Choice selection of tasties with some non-CO surprises as well!

2 Likes

Which Burns Family beer did he send you?

Ratman 20k!! :grinning: :grinning:

2 Likes