What Are You Going To Do When Lockdown Ends?

The whole 6am thing was to stop places opening at midnight. It was less you can open at 6:00. More you can’t open before 6:00.

Yep, I read that also. Just the way the media spun it again…

Went to a pub in Moreton in Marsh, absolutely fine. Walked in, the barman pointed to a table, great pub atmosphere, decent beers, table service. All’s well.

My local Black Country ales pub was fine too. Got there at half 2 and had a couple of pints. Apart from table service, it felt fairly normal.

Yep, media spinning it in to Super Saturday, hoping for the worst. Even BBC Breakfast said it was more like Sensible Saturday. I didn’t go to a pub, but did have a very nice Indian meal in Henley, again well organised and pretty normal, apart from waiters in masks…some of the time !

1 Like

I hadn’t particularly planned to go to the pub, but I walked home from the brewery for the exercise and it took me past the door of the Kelham Island Tavern, where one table was available in the garden. It was well managed and civilised, though wouldn’t be so enticing if it were raining. As a bonus my order of 4 halves came to just over a tenner and within a minute of paying on my Amex I got an e-mail to say I get a fiver off my bill under the ‘small shop’ scheme which is currently running

The Crow reopened half an hour ago so once I clock off work I’ll take a stroll over there

2 Likes

I wish my walk home from work took me past the Kelham Island Tavern !!

1 Like

Phantom Brewery are opening their taproom on Saturday:

It’s been very hit or miss round this part of the Cotswolds, did a 12 mile walk yesterday, just one pub open on the whole route and that was quite a big disappointment. Trying Broadway today where I know at least 2 pubs are open and friends are grabbing a table. Big day out in Worcester tomorrow, hopefully find out how easy it is to do a pub crawl post Covid.

2 Likes

Post Covid-19? Have you got a time machine?

My wife’s cousin’s local has shut again because someone who drank there at the weekend had since tested positive.

1 Like

I hope you have better luck today and a good session. Cotswolds is lovely. Worcester should be fun, I’m interested in how you get on. Still not been to a beer bar and unlikely to go until I head to Sicily in a few weeks.

1 Like

Very interested to see how you get on. I miss my pub crawls and place rating as I’m sure you do too. I’ve not been to Worcester but I understand they have some cracking boozers!

1 Like

Cheers everyone, I will let you know how I get on, feeling strangely nervous this morning, which is weird. I’ve been in a few pubs so far this week and only had to fill out a form once, plus point at a QR code once but my phone didn’t send my details and they gave up.

1 Like

Well my walk home from work is now from kitchen table to sofa so definitely no more ‘I tripped and fell in a pub’!

Now more than ever I wish I lived on the same side of town as the Shakey/KIT/Crow etc…

The one thing that lockdown has demonstrated to me is how poor an area I live in for beer. Loads of places I follow on Twitter doing free local deliveries, etc. But none near here (well Big Smoke are but I don’t want 24 of their beers).

Similar here. The best place for beer in the miles around here is my garage. About to have one shortly. I will try to get to Phantom though, maybe next weekend, Wedding anniversary this Weekend, so no chance

Aren’t you near Elusive and Siren?

Spotted a new brewery has been added in Reading. But not convinced their beer is available commercially. All the social media states ‘home brewer’.

https://www.ratebeer.com/brewers/futurestate-brewing/43507/

Yes, I’ve picked up all the recent beers from both, thanks for the info on the new one, I’ll seek it out

Howdy,

I can confirm that you can purchase the beer directly through the brewery. They release a beer or 2 once a month with some music & film choices to pair with the beer consumption if that’s your thing. I did notice their untappd said homebrewer, but added them as I know for a fact that you can buy their beer.

Cheers.

Cool.

Another one to track down.

I’ll have to study their Twitter feed in more details as it was not obvious that they were selling the beers.