2021 rage

I’m pretty sure it’s just an excuse to put coffee in a blonde ale? Could be mistaken. Which also reminds me of something else I hate - barrel aged IPAs.

Why? Why age an IPA??

1 Like

Barrel-aged IPAs is so 2010.

PA. pricing can be pretty tough. Getting rid of the case law helped a lot. Able to buy singles is nice!

Coffee IPAs

2 Likes

Sour IPAs were always a terrible idea feel like I see less. Probably get flack for this but I still need some Brut IPAs to get 20 ticks for style so a mini resurgence there would be nice.

How did I get all American Polotmavys. Schilling and Notch both have annual releases here in New England so bought off shelf, Jack’s Abby did a brewery release. The rest I traded for mostly from @andrewje41 in Pacific Northwest.

Polotmavy is old news I know need kvass so ideally a Latvian rateberrian will trave to Boston with a suitcase fr me someday.

Then also the dumb hoppy dark lager category I have no plan how I’ll acquire.

1 Like

@jow drive to the Russian supermarkets in Boston. You should be able to close out Kvass in a day.

1 Like

Are there Russian supermarkets in Boston? If I’d known could’ve taken care of during my NYC days.

Yup, there is one in Brighton (Berezka I think), but there are others in the area too.

And there are phots of kvass on the website haha.

Yippee. I still need a Latvia tick but a chance there perhaps. Thanks! At least maybe grab some Russian regions to boot

I’ve had a few that weren’t too bad. Surprised me that’s for sure.

The exception only reinforces the rule

Get no flack from me, the world really needs more Brut IPA - just need a couple more but getting tough to track down now! :frowning:

Brut IPA > Hazy, NEIPA, Milkshake and it’s not even close for me. If I see a Brut IPA on the list, then I am trying it!

3 Likes

I’m still waiting for a hoppy milkshake pineapple cider/snakebite just so I can slam it on the interwebs.

2 Likes

Ya I feel like brut IPAs was a quick flash of a style and it’s gone. On a flavour level, I’m fine with that as I never had one I loved. But ya hitting those quotas… I’m at 26 and don’t see breaking 30 unless western Canada is rife with them (going at end of month).

Not a rant against beer, I think. Just this year almost all my beers seem to sit in the 3.3 to 3.7 range.

Possibly because since getting sick last year my nose just isn’t as sharp. Possibly because I’m no longer drinking much bad beer - pubs in my city are good and ordering online means I can choose exactly what I drink - but the flipside to this is that I no longer feel the highs of a great beer. Possibly because I’ve been rating too damn long. Probably a combination of the three.

Please stop the pastry stuff. It’s been fun for a (short) while, but it’s really not necessary to only release overly sweet beers with an overload of flavouring that are fun of a couple of sips and then just become too much. Oh, and I want some bitterness in my ipas as well!

6 Likes

I randomly saw a Russian Gourmet shop in Rockville on outskirts of DC. Went in and just bought like 6 kvass ticks for like 12 bones. Epic advice. There were even more but half of them were in these huge 3L bottles. I’m even saving the smaller cans for a tasting so I don’t have to drink them all myself but 3 L would just be cruel.

1 Like

Is it me or are most beer stores starting to get worse and worse with old product on the shelves. What was once the best store in the state is pretty much a museum now. Old, stale, oxidized, off beers on the shelf for full price. I’m pretty sure 90% of the beers on the shelves at the bigger beer stores are old. All these new school hoppy beers are just not the same a few weeks out, and are generally not good at all at a few months.

1 Like