2023 Beer Goals and aspirations

I think your crown is safe Jeremy, given the slow rate of new Shropshire releases. I may snag a limited edition here and there, but you have regular access to Rowton beers. Even if I get close to equalising, you’ll have the upper hand once I move to France at the end of the year.

Personally, my aim is for 1000 Welsh rates which I should get to by March I think (currently at 971)
English rates are almost at 7000. No goal for them.

Belgium rates are at 828, France is at 570. Once in France, I have an ambitious aim for at least 50 in each region, and crack the top 10 raters. For Belgium that’s harder, but I should sail through the 1000 mark some time near the start of 2025. Access to European countries will be much easier than in the UK so hopefully I can tip a few more over the 100 mark.

Ireland is 71. Got a couple of cycling trips planned, including this month so hope to hit 100 early on.

Will continue to rate / add places. Think I’ll be doing a lot of that in France. No real goal. I’m at 511. I suppose getting to 600 isn’t too much to ask.

Breweries stand at 2731. Managed to add a lot to that this year. Could I get to 3000? Only time will tell!

6 Likes

Visit every brewery in the Chicago area. I’ve been on a tear for a while but still have about 40 to go.

3 Likes

Did alright with my 2023 goals.

• Tried 201 new breweries so did better than 2022.

• I did mostly focus on local and a small number of non-London breweries (mainly Burning Sky, Elusive and Thornbridge).

• I think I got all my backlog in. There could be an old notebook or two lying around but, for now, the backlog is close to to zero than it has been in years.

• Did OK with the cellar. Have only added some lambic, but aside from lambic we are firmly in net outflows territory (and including lambic, still firmly in outflows).

• Didn’t do great with place ratings. It’s hard, I just don’t get out that much. I’ll carry this goal into 2024 for sure.

3 Likes

There could be an old notebook or two lying around but, for now, the backlog is close to to zero than it has been in years.

^ check your loft !

1. Falied this one. Ended up drinking around 50 more beers than in 2022. The end of the year is probably to blame.

2. Yep. Did 45 days N/A over the summer and various other periods ranging from a week to a month.

3. Hell yeah. Picked up five new country ticks: Rwanda, St. Lucia, South Ossetia, Uganda, and Zimbabwe.

4. Yep. Finally got my ass to Kyrgyzstan and tried the local craft (only two breweries, but surprisingly decent).

5. Smashed it. Got 23 new regions.

6 Likes