Birmingham (AKA Cotteridge) Convention July 2nd 2022

Hey @jjsint, I doubt I will play as early as the rest and most likely only join in for the beer share in Tilt (and obviously buy some stuff while in there). So if you can get there for 16:00 please try and make the effort, you’ll not be ridiculed for not being there for all the day.

<*))))))><

Thanks @BlackHaddock, nice to know. I may get out about 3.30 so will see when I can get there.

BUMP.

Just six confirmed so far, this is the only ‘Open Invite’ British Tasting of the Year.

Surely we can make double figures!

<*))))))><

1 Like

well… as it happens i may now be free after all

Unfortunately taking the Grandkids away that weekend. Something we have been looking forward to.

Hoping I’ll be able to make it along

1 Like

Will look to make this one. Never been to a bottle share before so rather than make an arse of myself I think I will just observe the do’s and don’ts for myself and frequent Tilt’s beers to help push money through the till.

I’m tempted by the pre-Tilt meet but if I start drinking too early I’ll never get myself home! Might make it to Dig Brew though.

2 Likes

@dragnet101. No need to worry about joining a tasting, it’s a doddle. You will be most welcome, just bring something local to you or a bit ‘rare’ to share, we are a mixed bunch on RateBeer. There are no do’s and don’ts apart from taking too larger a sample!

If there are 10 people you take a 10th of each beer that comes to you, if it’s a larger gathering, just a smaller amount; not everybody gets to sample every beer sometimes. You can just pass a beer on if you don’t like the style or brewery, etc, etc. You do not have to drink every beer. No one will judge you. There is no seating plan, just join in and sit were a space is.

You produce your offerings when and if there appears to be a lull, or when you want too.

Usually it’s passing clockwise (too the left), although I always give the person to my right a sample of my beer before it goes left, just to make sure they get a taste out of politeness, as you are obviously talking to them more than most.

Hope this makes you join the share, if not, no problem.

<*))))))><

3 Likes

When I was on bus back from Egham I came up with a plan involving providing all the tasting beers for two guest OAPs but I was quite tipsy.

Thanks for this, very useful info. I’m cautious by nature but will certainly consider joining the share. Will have a think of what beers I can bring.

1 Like

Good stuff. At this point, I should be able to join in the fun. Will confirm closer to the date but it’s on my radar.

1 Like

BUMP.

Still only 6 confirmed, any more takers?

<*))))))><

sorry to disappoint, but looks like I can go

1 Like

curiously, RB has decided I can’t… trying to click on going, nowt happening

edit: after trying 3 separate browsers, finally managed to sign up on t’phone. So you’re stuck with me. Now what do I bring, some of my own stuff or stuff I’ve paid for? What’s that you say? Bring more chilli beer? Done!

If bringing chilli nonsense be sure to supply milk for the more delicate types. Any CDA you brewed recently ?

1 Like

@Theydon_Bois I assume that is aimed at Dave Unpronounceable, always a pleasure trying his ‘hot stuff’.

<*))))))><

not brewed a BIPA/CDA for a while sadly… should do another really!

Nor have I done a chilli beer for a while, though that’s easily rectified, got a keg of cherry Berliner Braunbier I could add a few scotch bonnets to…

2 Likes

Thats a new scotch bonnet beer for me … get brewing some dark hoppy goodness … another Protz Bier ? You have enough time.

3 Likes

We now have a grand total of 8 confirmed attendees, so we may well reach double figures before the day.

<*))))))><

i am a coming. have put my name on the spreadsheet

3 Likes