Birmingham (AKA Cotteridge) Convention July 2nd 2022

And we’re off … breakfast of champions!

5 Likes

Just drop the bottles off at Tilt and will give you credit for being there. :imp: :joy:

2 Likes

Hope you all have a great time.

1 Like

couldnt get a taxi this morning in Ashford so had to cycle to the station which was weird.
Now at Ebbsfleet International on time for 08.59 from Euston to New Street. See you

3 Likes

see you at Cotts around 11.10

I’ve secured a table at Briar Rose table 18 towards back of pub, currently guarding on my own, so if anyone is about early, you should join me

2 Likes

I dont need table 18 … any chance you can bag 19 or 22?

4 Likes

Train 20 minutes delayed departure at Euston. Maybe 11.20 Cotts.

That was on my list to go to on Thursday but one of my colleagues took over and we ended up going to some shitty pubs. At least Strongbow was a new tick.

1 Like

All good in Shropshire this morning, 16:00 sounds better than 18:00 for Tilt.

My real problem is my mobile phone thing is still on European time, so I will be at Tilt for 17:00 according to that (my watch is telling the truth though).

<*))))))><

Alcoholics gathered outside a pub that opens at 10 … we hope

3 Likes

7 Likes

yep will be on the 10.53 from New Street now to Kings Norton instead of the 10.43. oh dear.

Enjoy the day all.

Due to clashes I will be arriving two hours late for Craft Theory. I hope my mates don’t mind me ignoring them when I try to maximise ticks in the 3 hours that are left.

A leisurely 11:45 train from Wellington gets me into New Street at 13:33.

I have a mini plan to visit a few ‘quiet bars’ before meeting the herd for the tasting in Tilt.

I hope we all enjoy our day in Brum, I know I will.

<*))))))><

2 Likes

Have landed at Tilt. Am on Kernel.

1 Like

6 Likes

3 Likes

2 Likes

Well that was spectacular. i wasnt sure how it would be after 3 years away from the Ratebeer live community, but if was as much fun as before. All of us with our stories of how the last few years have affected us and if anything i felt it made it more significant that we could be back together
again.

Just the right pacing of places, no pressure to drink every beer, really good pizza at Digbrew and the camaraderie of us all. The “what is the most tax you can levy as a percentage of GDP”
was one i wasnt prepped for i must admit. i will have to bone up on economics for next year.

journey home wasn’t too bad and i even managed to cycle home safely at 22.00 from Ashford station.

thanks to everyone for organising, bringing beers and generally making it a grand day out

10 Likes