Birmingham (AKA Cotteridge) Convention July 2nd 2022

I’m sure they’ll get their tits out for me when I pop in!

<*))))))><

2 Likes

I’ve finally stopped procrastinating and booked a hotel. Will hopefully be at Cotts for 11am. Just going for a dig into the stash, will add beers to the list later.

Cheers
Simon

3 Likes

Couple more updates as we approach the 2nd.

If you didn’t know there’s a test match at Edgbaston this day so Birmingham will be fairly busy early morning … folks tend to clear out around 1000

As such the Briar Rose could well be swamped around 0900 … @SarkyNorthener reminded me of this when there was a test last year

We will have eyes on the Briar Rose by 9ish and may instead head to the Figure of Eight … another Spoons about 5 minutes away which is likely to be less busy

I’ll post here on the morning as to the exact spoons plan

We now have 10 names to the 10 tickets Rich The Villain bagged for Cotteridge Wines itself. Just as a reminder it’s their birthday bash … free … but ticket only.

10 names are…

@RichTheVillan
@SarkyNorthener
@Theydon_Bois
@wingmanwillis
@harrisoni
@Leighton
@mR_fr0g
@Holmen2
@SHIG
@Cheeseboard

Anyone else wishing to hit Cotts by all means see if Rich can blag you in but no promises … we will head to Glasshouse around 1245/50 anyway so could be still be worth you heading out

2 Likes

Anyone volunteering to print off the Beer Tasting Shreadsheet?

I would, but as usual I’m out of ink.

Thanks in advance.

<*))))))><

Just heading to London for the weekend. Booked it just before the the Cotteridge weekend was confirmed.

Probably Bermondsey tonight and shoreditch Hackney area tomorrow.

Hope you have a great weekend.

2 Likes

My printer is already in America.

1 Like

If only there was one retired guy coming tomorrow who had the time to pop out for a printer cartridge!!

2 Likes

Have a great day tomorrow all, I used to love the Cotteridge meet-ups miss these meet-ups! Say hello to Jaz and Kal from Loz and me.

We are doing a 50-60 km loop cycle ride down the Chiemsee area from Waging Am See to Traunstien taking in 5 breweries. Probably in this order.

• Bräustüberl Schönram - the brewery will be closed but this is next door and has six of their beers on tap, really like their beers.

• Wieninger - Again the brewery will be closed but the taphouse is next door

• Hofbräuhaus Traunstein

• Schnitzlbaumer

• Wochinger Brauhaus

Have a great day, hope that the weather is good for you!

3 Likes

Be down there for a few hours 1500-1700 time … kernel first maybe CBJ then finish at Cloudwater

1 Like

Yeah, but Glen isn’t coming is he!

I am actually about to drive past your house a couple of times today. Picking my son up from Heathrow. Doing the same next Thursday for my daughter and family when they come over for a fortnight. Being retired is very tiring, even for fit blokes like me.

<*))))))><

1 Like

Pop in for a cuppa and a pee break if you want … home all day next thursday

1 Like

I always have at least a slash when in Heathrow, the toilets are the only free thing in the bloody place. Thanks for the offer though.

See you tomorrow at 18:00 ish.

<*))))))><

I can print the spreadsheet today. How many copies do we need?

1 Like

I’ve printed 15 copies of the spreadsheet now. I didn’t do much editing with the set-up, so you’ll need to bring your best pair of reading glasses.

2 Likes

1 more sleep.

2 Likes

Just adding my contribution now. Sorry it’s a bit last minute. I’m a cunt.

5 Likes

Tilt is from 16:00 isn’t it?

1 Like

yes … he’s senile or has decided he can only keep it up for an hour these days!

2 Likes

Afew Halfpenny green cider and perry rates for folk in Bingoham tomorrow

Apologies I’ve gone a bit AWOL from the forums. I don’t think I’ll be able to make it but if I do I’ll be going straight to Tilt at 16:00. I have 3 bottles that I don’t think anyone going has rated just in case.

If I do make it feel free to put me in the dunces corner writing out the details on all the printed sheets!