BotM - July’23 - Beer with Fruit

Let’s make this a bit more inclusive. It could be the vile kettle sours or a nice lambic.

1 Like

I’ll get this started. This tripel has orange, peach and mango added. My in-laws have lake home in area and while I didn’t visit brewery this go round did pick up this 4 pack from super market. Dangerously drinkable at 9.5%

3 Likes

Odious Cellars out of Chicago make a lot of unique fruit beers. I enjoy this one quite a bit.

4 Likes

I had this today:

https://www.ratebeer.com/beer/love-city-tart-beats-strawberry-lemon/1122931/43796/

It was fairly drinkable. Nice to have a fruit beer that is not a sugary mess.

1 Like

Bonza Goanna Refreshing with lots of raspberry and only rumblings of mango.

This sort of beer can be pleasant quaffers and there’s a place for them. On the other hand, the sooner we’re done with those lactose smoothy sours the better.

3 Likes

Mandarina gose (not in rb yet, Purtse Mandarina Gose is the name, also first rater on the yellow page!). Quite salty, okish.

2 Likes

I doubt any actual fruit touched this beer. Probably the last Bell’s I’ll ever buy. At least some pepper flavor and heat but the rest was a poor attempt at decent beer.

2 Likes

Grapes count, right? And raisins are still grapes.
So one strong ale with raisins and spices and Bourbon:

A 2016 bottle apparently. No real sign of tiredness. Good stuff.

and one lambic with second use grapes:

The least favourite of these Tilquin Meerts so far but the bar is high. The mixed box of 9 has been really impressive.

4 Likes

Of course grapes count. Hopefully someone posts an Italian Grape Ale still haven’t had an authentic one of those yet.

We should have made this into a competition like who can type and rate the most fruit varietals or make a bingo card with different fruits.

1 Like

3 Likes

Had this pepto bismol looking beer at Imprint a few days back. It was a dragonfruit passionfruit schmoojee. It was OK.

3 Likes

Threads collide!

The beer must taste good to be “ok” with that appearance.

First non-hop beer by Tox Brewing. Not fucking bad!

1 Like

Kind of a mess.

AG record is good though.

1 Like

This one has a good Chile burn.

1 Like

Blueberry hefe. Is this month done yet?

6 Likes

Stolen picture, but I had this yesterday at a Local Beer Festival in Laguna Hills. It’s peachy!

<*))))))><

2 Likes

Revisited this one after a couple years. Aged bottle, different vintage, got better.

2 Likes

2016 Kriek des Jacobines consumed at Side Project. Great stuff.

3 Likes

No shortage of fruit here. Not exactly my go to style, but quite nice and refreshing on a hot summer day. Been around for several years now, as I first tried it in 2018, so enough people seem to be on board with this one.

2 Likes