Competition Time

1 Like

you are on a holiday with your parents

Enjoy your holiday.
Joe

I went to Finland in 2002 and only had a few beers, lots of lakes and forests. I reckon 38 beers.

I had beers waiting for me but everyone else went to be early so I did too.

Day one: 2.

Planning to get out on Monday evening so may be up to double digits then. Those with low guesses could be the wisest.

Why don’t we have this in backwards Britain?

1 Like

Day 3. Earlier today I was pissing shit and worried the department store bog would overflow. But I am not going to let you guys down, as much as my trousers. In pub two where I ended up with a pint and two halves that I didn’t really want due to communication issues. SISU will keep me going.

Oh yeah
 16 so far.

3 Likes

That’s an average 5 per day so 70 might the number.

Bugger! Missed this.

If you’ve got chance then this spot https://www.ratebeer.com/p/k-citymarket-helsinki-ruoholahti-helsinki/29519/ has a solid selection of local cans and I picked up all my remaining Finnish regions here.

They have a list on UT but it’s a little out of date.

I think there were some beers waiting for him on arrival, my 98 is still in with a chance. Especially as @wingmanwillis has mentioned a good source of ‘ticks’.

<*))))))><

<*))))))><

28 after I added my rates when I got back to the flat.

The one region I was missing pre-ordered beers from was South Karelia. Found 3 beers from Tuju last night.

1 Like

After Day 5: 33.

Not sure if it’s summer opening times (half the country goes on holiday in July) but was planning on some more ticking around Saturday lunchtime
 but half of the bars in Oulu don’t open til 14:00. There’s one bar I will make a trip to at some point so I don’t miss it out altogether (Mallaskelleri). Possibly after the pesapallo (Finnish baseball) tonight. Hoping to visit Nailo brewery on Saturday afternoon
 just waiting to hear back from them.

No beers so far.

At the Finnish Basball which is far superior to the US version.

1 Like

Day whatsit: 35.

Competition beer purchased
 Sonnisaari Aasi '22, a Impy Stout, from a local brewery. Will probably be two beers as I will also include a Nailo beer.

Our slot in the flat sauna is from 7-8 so will have some beers then. Bought a Finnish bitter and a Finnish Gold to tempt the old man with.

How do you you squeeze into a flat sauna? Or does it all unfold and expand like a Bugs Bunny Acme product?

I was predicting this response. However I have a more pressing predicament.

Which is the best Sauna drink. Lager or Smurfitt?

Porilainen. Sliced Berlin Sausage. Food of the Gods.

(This one look rank to be fair.)

Porilainen ticks: 3

2 Likes

Off to Helsinki tomorrow.

Ticks so far:56.

1 Like