Cotts/Notts/Birmingham Convention VII - SAT JULY 8th 2023

I’ll be dragging my shit about come what may

@Mr_Pink_152 … is there left luggage at Nottingham station?

1 Like

I checked on Trainline and it says Nottingham doesn’t have a Left Luggage.

On a Tusk & Raider note. Emperor’s and Bang The Elephant are hoping for a late summer launch and lots of work still to do. The location is now on google maps if you want to know where it will be.

3 Likes

Added my first beer to the spreadsheet for the bottle share…

https://www.ratebeer.com/beer/trial-and-ale-robert/927645/

It turns out the beers I was planning to bring everyone has had, one at last years event.

2 Likes

I guess biggest and best news over this event …both days of it is NO rail strikes !

Unions need to give 2 weeks notice so time running out.

They announced 2nd July last week.

Today they announced 3 July dates … 20/22/29.

We’re all good it seems !

5 Likes

Good news on train strikes
I have added my first beer. Been keeping it for a bit, but no one has rated it and the brewery is now out of business.
Others likely to be random French rates from Carrefour in Calais when I go across this week.

Re: Nottingham, I’m happy to not bottle/can share… just don’t want to be the only one the turns up empty handed

Added my beers. Three beers from Hampshire (two Fallen Acorn Barley Wines and a 21% Impy Stout from Breakbeat), plus the Thomas Hardy Ale.

I have a few already ticked cans, including some newer breweries so will bring a few of them for some point over the weekend.

1 Like

I will be going through 25000 ratings whilst we are in Birmingham next week. Big milestone. 27 rates to go. Hope it’s a good beer.

12 Likes

Would loved to have shared a Shropshire ‘Hot Golden’ beer with you to take you through the 25,000th rate but I will not be there.

Look after yourself Ian and we’ll have a milestone beer together one day!

<*))))))><

1 Like

My wife came back from Malta last week and raided the lounge at Valetta airport.

Does anyone need a Malta tick? Guessing not so not bringing one for the sake of it but let me know.

added beers

1 Like

Less than a week away! Can’t wait to hear what cider gets thrown over a fence this year.

Was Perry not cider!

@RichTheVillan is in charge of the traditional perry tossing

2 Likes

I would probably toss any boxed beverage

2 Likes

I’ll meet the Saturday crew at Cotts. I’m driving in, staying at the Bournbrook Inn, Stirchley so it’s a 20 minute wander down Pershore Road.

Fairly keen to get to North Taproom, maybe I’ll squeeze it in later in the day.

4 Likes

A revised itinerary for Saturday … going to chop Halton Turner out as gets a little congested and tight on time otherwise

0900-1000 Briar Rose spoons for early arrivals

1000-1050 Wellington

1100-1140 North Brewing

Uber to Cotts

1200-1315 Cotts

1330-1430 Glasshouse

Uber to Tilt

1500 approx to 1800 approx Tilt

Bundobust (confirmed open now) 1815-1915 approx for ticks and eats

1920-1950 Sommar Brew on waterloo st

I am staying in the Rub Hut again on Saturday night so not vanishing down the Chilterns at 2015 anymore so a more relaxed end to the day

4 Likes

What time are people arriving at Nottingham? I’d suggest meeting at BeerHeadz from 12:00 when it opens. I will be there at 12:00.

4 Likes

Presuming my train up from High Wycombe to Bingoham is on time, I will be meeting Rich for a quick one then on the 1049 to Notts arrive 1204

5 Likes

12:08. So see people at Beerheadz.

4 Likes