How Active Is Your County?

I think the following:

• Liquid Light
  • Waddington - Now not in production
  • Bourne
  • Walk Through,
  • Font Craft Works (although this is just part of Navigation)

Ryan Giving Beese a run for his money.

1 mR_fr0g 14430
2 Beese 3408
3 ThirstyBird 3032
4 Davros IX 635
5 mt_hall 213
6 Fairground 29
7 Peteorn 17
8 SamTaylor 13
9 fjw1972 12
10 simongladding 10

@Grumbo and then I here in Suffolk, @Garrat hasn’t entered a rating since Jan 2017 .

Not too surprising for Shropshire. 4 rates would see you nicely into the top 10 raters. I convinced someone to join who is now No 3 with 60 odd rates (thats mike, Jeremy) be nice to see others join but Untappd is king & i know plenty of craft beer types through that.

Back down to 2 regular raters in Surrey of which I am now second, plus a Lithuanian who must live locally. The three new raters seem to have given up. One got to 212.

Oh, just noticed that @WingmanWillis is down as a Surrey rated. Would presumably be way higher if he regularly rates.

My friend AndrewC is number 4 in Kent and he has entered a massive 4 ratings this year. 2 ratings will get you into the top 50.

how is county acticity when you enter us foreigners?

@beardedavenger. I think Croydon counts as Surrey. Only “rated” 56 beers from Surrey. Probably need to visit the George more for some ticks.

@minutemat I’ve “rated” 205 Shropshire beers. I’m there quite a bit and Salopian’s output makes it outside the Shire!

1 Like

I managed to get a near by cousin interested, but he only ‘ticks’ his beers, he does live in Shropshire though. One of my CAMRA mates also looked in and reviewed one pub before deciding it wasn’t for him.

So it’s still just minutemat and my good self really.

<*))))))><

A year later… the pubs in Croydon are under Greater London but still show up on my Surrey feed. However Surrey ends after Thames Ditton.

Since Fin emigrated to Germany it really has been just me for Oxfordshire :sob:

There was some excitement yesterday when my cousin’s husband said that his friend religiously rated his beers on an app. Of course it turned out to be Untappd and he’d never heard of Ratebeer.

My sister-in-law went to her local bottle shop and showed her my Ratebeer pages so she wouldn’t buy me something I’d already ticked. Apparently 3k impressed them but their message to me was not to use Ratebeer as the scores are skewed to favour the macro owners.

1 Like

I’m third and will probably take second in a month or three. I’ll never be first in Leicestershire that honour goes to leaparsons.

My other half is finishing her study (which is why I moved to Leicester in the first place), so we might relocate at some point in the near to mid-future and take on another county…

Sorry it’s a lonelier place now mate.

I think the question should be, How Active Is Your Region? And I mean based on the official UK regions

In this I’m in the East Midlands which has a decent group of active raters.

1 Like

Not sure if it’s a one-off but I noticed that someone who appears in the Hampshire feed (I.e Hampshire is their metro) does not feature in the top raters list.

I think you can pick up any region as your local feed, but the region stats are based on your address region chosen.

I’ve got 4 or 5 other active users in Kent who put on a number of rates each in 2019.

Untappd is used more in the Ashford area, but still gives me hints as to where to pick up new beers.

I’ve mentioned this before, probably even above, but there a couple of active raters I started following in Surrey and Hants. But they rate about one beer a month (and it’s not because they are then just ticking other beers). Just don’t get it. Are they really only drinking one beer a month or only one new beer a month? What’s the point of logging them on here? And then there were the two Surrey guys who were rating once or twice a year over a few years. The longest gap was about 3 years between ratings.

There was one very active new rater in Surrey. However they stopped after 6 months ofr so, at about the same time there were loads of issues with the website.

Surrey died when I moved to Berkshire in early ‘15 if I’m honest :blush: