How is Coronavirus Impacting Ticking

This situation will affect my finances which in turn will affect my ticking. I just got an order in but will try to ration my beer consumption, or drink cheaper beer (not sure if I’ve done the GK bottled range yet?)

Just been to Elusive and loaded up on the fresh stock also Siren Tap still open, had a great glass of Every Minute Counts, and picked up another half dozen beers, at home now drinking an American DIPA that I picked up on my last business trip, (possibly till Autumn)

Seems the chancellor is on the verge of announcing a finance package similar to other countries where he will protect the wages of workers up to 75% over 3 months. If he announces this today, you can expect the vast majority of pubs to close, perhaps having a final blow-out sale to get rid of cask stock from the cellar.

1 Like

I only have one IPA left in the fridge. Am having to drink whisky.

With CAMRA festivals cancelled my count will be significantly down. No more “Beer Fest Fridays” for who knows how long. I would have gone to Hull, Lincoln, Newark, Bury St Edmunds and Maldon just in April/May (having already done 5 festivals in Jan/Feb). A much anticipated trip to Belarus in May will also undoubtedly not happen. Sad times.

2 Likes

Chucked out of our Spoons at 9 last night, however the brilliant White Horse kept going until late with a locked door policy. Well hung over this morning. Thinking of visiting Cotteridge Wines later if they are open.

I went there last night. They said they’re not closing untilthey’re told to.

Picked up our son from Stafford station late afternoon yesterday and popped into a fairly new Lidl on the way home (never been in before). Loads of empty shelving but managed to find two new rates and a litre of Gin.

We decided to stay in though, rather than use a pub for the last time, we have a couple of ‘at risk’ types in the family, who we may have to visit soon and couldn’t risk socializing.

<*))))))><

One of my colleagues is self-isolating due to asthma. She was going to the pub for lunch. It’s these dunces that are causing all the problems.

1 Like

In Czechia - an infected patient escaped his ward to go for a walk, police had to bring him back after 30 minutes.

In Croatia - an infected priest, who was obviously showing symptoms of corona virusheld mass and gave communion for 10 days. In a place on the outskirts of the capital, Zagreb.

It’s that level of egotist idiocy that will take out humanity, and sadly take some people who don’t deserve it out with them.

1 Like

Wow that is complete madness, no wonder the government has to step in to stop these meat heads. Personally I am not leaving the house, except to get essentials a couple of times a week or exercise alone or with my direct isolated family.

Ingenuity in Reading - a couple of places have got hold of empty Grolsch bottles so you can buy smaller amounts to takeaway.

Apart from obvious enormous impacts on brewers, publicans, distributors and stores, the international beer scene has its first casualties. Giovanni Fumagalli of the excellent Beerghem Birreria Via Friula in Bergamo has apparently succumbed to the virus. Great guy who ran a great place from what some of my friends who have been there are saying…

People, unless you really extremely have to go out for something… just stay the fuck home…

Are you saying that he has died of the virus or has the virus?

Died of the virus. Probably could have phrased it better

Wow, that’s awful, poor guy.

I was reading the new document regarding which establishments can stay open. It states that restaurants etc can deliver food BUT that they cannot deliver alcohol unless they already have a license to do so. So some of the places that have been offering deliveries will have been breaching their licenses if they do not have one for off sales.

Also there’s an error in the document. It has two columns - places that must shut and then places which are Exceprions. According to the table there are no exceptions for public houses. However further down there is a section on takeaway and delivery services - this states that pubs can still deliver food.

NEW: More detail on places that can remain open:

Food shops
Health shops
Pharmacies
Petrol stations
Bicycle shops,
Home and hardware shops
Laundrettes and dry cleaners,
Garages
Car rentals
Pet shops
Corner shops, newsagents
Post offices
Banks

https://t.co/45yIUakwef

At least bicycle repair man will still be in work !

1 Like

How sad, never knew him but my condolences to his family, sounds like he was taken much too early. :cry:

1 Like

RIP. That’s terrible news. Puts everything in perspective.