How is Coronavirus Impacting Ticking

As someone who .rarely buys beer mail order due to delivery issues at home and I like to support local micropubs this maybe a good time for me to try them out. Did Brewdog recently but will do Beers of Europe soon.

2 Likes

Reached desperation point, I’m having to do all of the shopping at the moment, very little of interest on the beer, so I raided the Cider shelves!!! Picked up South African and Italian Ciders, can’t believe I am plummeting to these depths.

4 Likes

I have recently ordered from Hoptimism, Cloudwater and Yupp Beer to keep my beer stocks up.

Not ordered from Yupp before but ordered on Saturday and arrived today. They also included snacks which was nice.

Never heard of Yupp … will take a look.

I put in a Brewdog order last Saturday, 21st March, still hasn’t arrived !

I know the reasons of course but a little annoying as I paid £5 postage for this yet Cloudwater and Rad both managed to deliver 2 days after placing my order and they were both post free (for less than I spent on BD).

Have put in an order with Honest Brew this morning … warned of 7 days delay … fair enough.

The cupboards are pretty bare with no more than around 100 beers total in stock … I struggled to put together £50 of new ticks when I can normally breeze past £100 with little thought!

@Theydon_Bois Yupp had a relatively small selection, probably not much new for you. I only used it as it was new, I got 10% off and they had a few beers I from Hertfordshire one of my lowest rated counties.

1 Like

I’ve done a fair bit of online orders of late.

Brewheart (Brewery) - Craft Brewery based in Bavaria

Bierol (Brewery) - Craft Brewery based in Austria, usually drive there but they’ve now started to deliver to Germany.

Beer Gonzo - I’ve used these countless times, however, noticed that they are currently closed up owing to the CVirus.

Craftbeer-shop, (Germany) - Done a couple of orders with these guys, quick delivery, keenly priced and good for German craft beer, particularly from the north of Germany.

Beer Republic (Netherlands) - Great easy to use website, reasonable prices, focus mainly on American beers with some great stuff, might interest some UK raters?

Some brewers have gone experimental in the meantime though:
https://www.ratebeer.com/beer/dogfish-head-scratch-made-hand-sanitizer-tp-aged/821809

2 Likes

What is the style ? :slight_smile: :crazy_face:

My latest Beer Republic order from the Netherlands

5 Likes

I am just about to phone a local pub and order 18 pints of cask ale for the weekend and one of every bottle of cider they’ve in stock. Delivery free, £1:50 a pint for Hobson’s Best Bitter, if there’s any left!

<*))))))><

4 Likes

I’ve used them a few times, decent selection of American beer. Prompt delivery and well packed. I don’t think they are shipping to the UK at the moment which is a pain.

I am now getting into a routine where I have no alcohol on Mon/Tue/Wed and have a targeted session the other four days. Coming up this week I have a Belgian evening, a German one, a British one and an Irish one.

Planned for later are a Trappist evening, an American one and more Belgian and German evenings; 23th April will be English only of course!

<*))))))><

2 Likes

I have never drunk a huge amount at home and generally average 5 or 6 beers a week, have maintained that with orders from Radbeer and have just got an excellent new box featuring some stuff from verdant, Polly’s, Vault City as well as a couple of new breweries to me, Pentrich and Abbeydale (superb service from Rad so far although their stock seems to be flying out so I’ve been trying to order when new stuff comes in).

We are locked down at my in-laws which is a bit frustrating as I don’t have access to any of my cellared stuff which I would definitely be dipping into periodically.

Yes agree with you, Beer Republic are very good, had two orders from them now and probably one of the better selections of American beers out there that I’ve seen. Just ordered from Speciaalbierpakket from Leiden so another one from the Netherlands, btw big thanks to Chris @LazyPyro for his great bottled beer shop website :+1: So Speciaalbierpakket again a great selection across the board with some decent American stuff, managed to pick up Alabama and North Dakota rates which were two missing USA states for me, the website isn’t as user friendly, visually appealing or updated as much as Beer Republic however I suspect that they might carry a greater range of stock, also adding your details and payment pages were a bit of a faff, must have took 10-15 minutes putting in my age before accepted and then it was a bit of a pain actually paying though I suspect it might be easier on a PC than a mobile which is what I was using. What I do like about Speciaalbierpakket is that they also carry a great stock of Belgian classics, we were meant to be going to Belgium tomorrow night but of course that won’t happen, so I have added a number of De Ranke XX, Bon Veoux, Saison Dupont etc.

Can’t wait until things reopen, I love going on a cycle ride and having a beer or two en route. Typically the weather has turned to blue skies and wall to wall sunshine for about a week now and the temperature has been rising day on day, T-shirt weather today.

2 Likes

I was thinking of ordering beer via Two Cocks brewery. When I was skimming through their Twitter feed I found a tweet stating that it was ridiculous that pubs were having to shut and it was all media hype. I responded that this tweet hadn’t aged well. Went back to see if the beer I wanted was available and they’ve blocked me so clearly an accurately named brewery.

Those daft cunts have now blocked me on their Swamp Bog brewery Twitter account too. Let’s see if they’re still around to tick off when the lockdown is lifted.

5 Likes

Right couple of Cocks, blocking you is harsh, plenty of better breweries to enjoy any way. Since the day of the lock down, I have ordered from Hoptimism, Ghostwhale, Honest Beer and Left Field Beer, (thanks for the tips Lazypyro), the first two have delivered, very impressed, the latter I ordered last week, so I think they will be here pre Easter. I’m drinking the fresher pale and IPA orders and off setting a couple from the stock from my cellar Per night, think I still have 350 stock piled, now is the time to get this number down, it’s accumulated over 5 years or so, really enjoying it actually.

2 Likes

I rarely skip a day. Skipped two this week.

RAD Beer are great. I’ve used them a lot for a couple of years now. Top notch selection and good prices (Burning Sky on there are cheaper than Burning Sky :man_shrugging:t2:). Free delivery if you drop a few bob, too.

2 Likes

Yes they look really great, I am thinking of asking them what it’ll cost to ship it here.

1 Like

Barely drinking at the moment but still buying beer. At some point the floodgates will open.