New search

You should start hurrying less and enjoying your beer more Craig :-p

2 Likes

Oh i enjoy it just fine. But its a balance between beer and family. I manage to goto pub most days on way home from work. But by being efficient i still get home for tea.

Speed & efficiency are not always the same thing!

2 Likes

How hard can it be to fix the search.
I am sick and tired of login agian for each time I want to do a new search.
Sugestings have been to log out, close browser and in again, thats not working.
This issue is back every time.

Search is generally SUPER hard. RB search has been horrible for quite a while, I appreciate they’re doing something to it. The issues you’re having are a different problem, though, which should be looked into.

1 Like

It’s insane that for implementing a new search, they first break down the old one, start the broken new one and then leave it like that for a few weeks.
Exactly how it went with the mobile app.

How on earth will a partly broken system attract new people or even retain the current users? There’s no excuse for this lazy and/or amateuristic way of doing things.

3 Likes

Attract new people??? how about attract the old ones to stay on RB?
I have a feeling they are buillding down RB with all thise messup.

2 Likes

Do hang around just so that were anyone to hypothetically implement an alternative, and mention it on the forums here you’d notice it and be able to volunteer to be an early adopter…

Remember the million-ratings stat? Remember my regular posts about it? It’s ground to a halt. Raters have stopped rating, en masse. The InBev Trojan Horse was successful.

3 Likes

Oh i think a thread on that, how much has it slowed down, when did it happen.
What dat you have?

I will, I’ve just gone back to rating on my own excel sheet, so I have to deal with crappy search functionality and other massive annoyances way less.

That would indeed be very interesting to see. Which other top raters have called it quits? Rlgk, me. Others?

@services: can we expect a fix for the search anytime soon? The Heller / Maibock season is starting early March (=this week), and this is a serious problem (among some others) that will cause quite a lot of frustration.

To clarify: I mean the fact that searching for “Bock” wont find xxxxxbock

2 Likes

The place search is not good. At Brewdog Brewery Dog Tap and a search for Dog Tap and Brewdog Dog yields nothing.

If anyone can tell me this is an improvement then I’m all ears!

2 Likes

Yep.

I’ve already pointed out ealier in the thread that place search & brewer search don’t work the same way as beer search at all.

1 Like

It’s a bit like war & peace now. An epic, weighty tome of pain and suffering!

What puzzles me the most is that nobody with some accountability for this “improvement” even cares to drop in and react anymore as more and more issues turn up.

8 Likes

We have been assured recently that it’s still being worked on (actually, thinking about it, that may have been in the Admin forum). But a progress report would be nice.

1 Like

but is it tinkering round the edges, fixing the cases theyre told about it, or is it going to be full fix where we can be sure that no results means no results

Did they give a reason why they killed the old search before taking the new broken search live?

2 Likes

No idea

I am not privy to that information. But that often happens round here doesn’t it?

2 Likes