New search

cgarvieukDouble Premium

slightly more obvious on the phone as i knew it was there but took me 5 seconds to se on Pc
but under beer name
My Rating: 3.5

Couldn’t see mine but then realised the update had logged me out of Ratebeer. Can see mine now.

1 Like

ahh yeah ok two mistakes, and “Beadertown earl” does indeed work

But the 2nd one an easy one to make as some one says Beaver town to me, i dont know 1 or 2 words. So under old system safer to split as would ALWAYS find split
and even written on a Board not always clear if its one or two words.

The returned list on ‘Sonoma Pride’ is a mess.

Starts with two beers where the first word in Sonoma. Not the one I’m looking for though. Then there is three more beers by Alpha brewer. Then another bunch of beers by alpha brewer but not following the previous sequence. This is repeated three more times or maybe four. Puzzling to put it mildly.

1 Like

I find it very interesting that on Untappd I cannot get any beers for “Cloud wat NW” or “Cloud wat citr”, but “beave tow earl” works like a charm. Don’t understand what the difference is.

Oh not what im seeing

My understanding is they are using Elastic Search and its got some configuration. The Configuration will be different between the sites

Yeah - that is what I described (perhaps poorly) First 2 beers start Sonoma. Then three more in alpha brewer. After those three beers (one I rated) the list starts again in brewer alpha. But after Russian River it goes to Cigar City. That lasts for two beers and then is starts with Altamont. And on it goes. There must be a logic to it, but frankly I’m not interested. Alpha please!

2 Likes

Right now the search function is down. When looking for a beer, you get some results, Whatever link you choose it gets you to this web:
https://www.ratebeer.com/beer/indeed-derailed-#16---lucy/379347/

So i had to google for “ratebeer xxxxxxx beer” to get the beer page and rate it…

Please, fix this. I can´t imagine something more annoying for a beer rating web…

thanks for down report

so search isn’t down. my url creator has a little bug. If you erase the hashtag the link works. I’ll fix it now.

https://www.ratebeer.com/beer/indeed-derailed-16---lucy/379347/

3 Likes

Now the beer comes up in the search result, but when you click on it, you get this:
https://www.ratebeer.com/beer/belching-beaver-deftones-#1:-phantom-bride/455379/

Some tweaks needed, as above, but looks like there could be some benefits e.g. It was near impossible to find XT IPA on RB previously. Now comes up as first result

1 Like

Hmm, but only on one version of the search - looks like I’m getting two different searches! One shows zero results for XT IPA, which is the full name of the beer

one version?

Im seeing Zero ratings, as its Aliased to Snake Oil.

Showing Zero ratings

and No rating from me, or any indication its an alias
even though i had rated snake oil

Please remove the pictures and that massive amount of white space, it takes a lot more scrolling and searching.

7 Likes

I can’t see whether I’ve rated a beer or not. This was promised by the dev in another thread. I saw your reply in this thread. Please add it asap, it’s a huge quality of life improvement.

I just hope this doesn’t split the community up even more.

I had to login again before I could see which beers I had rated or not. Try that.

1 Like

Yep works. That’s a relief.

1 Like

The Heineken Extra Vers is an alias. I would prefer it if search showed a little ‘a’ or something so I can immediately recognize it as one, without having to open the beer page.

When I’m in a store I don’t like to open every page for every beer, since mobile internet isn’t amazing in most shops I visit.

2 Likes

Now is working properly, at least for me.
Thanks.

1 Like