New styles whining and bitching (grouping of posts from different New styles topics) Some out of sync

I mean, yeah, if your standard is registered users, the amount of people that voiced their opinion is low.

Of the people that voiced their opinion, I’d say these style changes reflect what 80-90% of folks wanted. Not perfect for everyone, of course, and surely compromises were made, but the vast vast majority of people who gave an opinion asked for some level of change.

Read the thread. You’re the only one complaining about the changes as a whole. A few people have nit-picky complaints, and that’s fine, but it’s just you that’s upset with the changes in general.

1 Like

Do you have a source for this? The biggest beer site in the world have well over 100 styles, BJCP has over 100 styles… It seems like most of the beer world is accepting that we can have over 100 well defined styles…

3 Likes

and this is the only case when I raise my voice even after 3500+ ratings…isn’t it warning for you? please chenck how many percentage of users of rb use the forum! if it is a minority then please do consider it as a sign of thet for most of the people this page is NOT a social media but rather a pager to rate beers - and in this case, it is quite irrelevant if the majority of people postinog on forums want something - it is absolutely not representing the majority of users

I find this really funny, because joe usually defends all changes that the forum users don’t like by claiming we are only a small percentage and the vast majority likes what he does.

9 Likes

what beer world mean in your interpretation? people who consume beers or people who commebt on formums? please be realistic - rb has 500+ k users and most of them are not interested to split further the styles since they have not enough ratings to make any conclusions if those ratings are further splitted

I Think Pandoras box has been opened

2 Likes

All these new styles might mess up ratebeer totally.

2 Likes

completely agreed

Or Pan-Lore-a’s Box? (sorry, couldn’t resist :slightly_smiling_face:).

1 Like

Exactly. There is no point in being right if nobody understands you are. No point in being super specific if your entire userbase hasn’t got a clue. 78 styles was already hard enough for most people, even though some styles were overlapping big time or most uaers were simply unable to taste the difference between em. 119 styles? Good luck with that.

3 Likes

No he isn’t

2 Likes

I fully agrree! No benefits with several issues!

1 Like

you are my man, Benzai! :smile:
I see it exactly like you! we are just beer lovers, not beer judges

2 Likes

Not sure what the argument is but it’s not like someone is holding a gun to your head and making you rate these styles. More styles won’t hurt anything at all. I for one don’t plan on intentionally rating these new styles anyways. Arguing for the sake of arguing. Drink up!

1 Like

Damn y’all will complain about anything.

5 Likes

I’m not bothered by style hunting anymore. I also don’t care about the new styles being implemented. I just think it’s a bad idea and it will not help the site forward.

1 Like

Sorry. Don’t think it’ll hurt anything either.

2 Likes

More like 500 active users

4 Likes

Seems like the issue here is you didn’t vote and are not upset about the president. We even ran polls about this…New style breakups are great. Now if only we could split more countries into regions…

2 Likes

do so and you are going to lose most of your raters - but at least your small group will remain