Oslo, Norway

Beginning of next month, I’ll have a full day in Oslo. Among some of the sightseeing I’d also like to stop for a beer or two (or three,…). Which places are currently THE places to visit and enjoy some craft beer in a fine, casual surrounding. Searching for central Oslo (walkable from radhuset area)? Thanks for any input. Cheers

RØØR in Rosenkrantz gate 4 is centrally located and highly rated, but I have not been there myself. A few good places I’ve been to: Amundsen Bryggeri & Spiseri in Stortingsgaten 20 is as central as you possibly could wish for, in the immediate vicinity of Rådhuset (City Hall) and Stortinget (Parliament). Within easy walking distance you will find Brygg in Storgata 5-7, and if you walk a bit further north-east, you will find Crowbar & Bryggeri in Torggata 32, and Cafe Sara in Hausmanns gate 29. A 5 minutes’ walk from there you will find Schouskjelleren in Trondheimsveien 2 - and that is about as much as you will have time for in 1 day - though there are many more places in hipsterish Grünerløkka.

2 Likes

This one is very centrally located:
https://www.ratebeer.com/p/dr-jekylls-pub-oslo/10906/

When I visit Oslo I always prioritize the brewpubs: Crow, Amundsen, Nedre Foss Gård, Grünerløkka Brygghus, Ringnes Brygghus, Schouskjelleren and Brygg. Two new ones: Skråplanet and Bar Flag.

When I was in Røør it was a good time, but I could not tick as hard as I wanted because the bartender cut me off… oh well.

Thanks for some nice ideas guys.

Resurrecting old topic.

Me and martjoobolut are hitting Oslo next weekend (21-24.03.24). We have done our homework about mapping the places and so on. Seems plenty to do.
Anyone up for some beers or pub crawl? Any local knowledge we should know? Best traditional food places (Syverkiosken is already on my map)? Best place to buy legendary brown cheese (goat or cow)?
Another thing is, we can probably buy some beers from Tallinn airport (if anyone wants to trade or smth), but do they check bags or we need to declare alcohol in customs or how does it work? Main issue seems to be that Norway is not in EU, so different laws may apply?

I’m going to Oslo now for the weekend. Waiting at the airport in Stavanger. Already thirsty :crazy_face:

You may bring 2 liters of beer duty free, 4,5 liters if you don’t bring any spirits or wine. If you pay duty, you may bring much more.

For brown cheese and other delikatessen, try Geitost - Gutta,

1 Like

I noticed that on Friday evening there is a football match, Norway vs Czech. What would be the best beer place to watch it in Oslo?

For sure many crappy places to see fotball. If you want craft beer too, check out Beer Palace. Posh and expensive area that I seldom visit.

1 Like

If you travel more than three tours a day with tram, metro or bus I recommend to buy a 24 hours ticket. I always do when visiting Oslo.
https://ruter.no/en/journey-planner/
Best to install the app on the phone. Very easy.

Very easy to visit Nydalen brewpub, just some steps from Nydalen metro station. From Storo you can take the tram (11, 12 or 13) back to the city center and stop by Ringnes Brygghus, Grunerløkka, Nedre Foss Gård, Schouskjelleren, Crowbar and more.

2 Likes

I mostly use the tram. Most craft beer venues are inside the “Ringen” at the metro map. Last weekend I only used the metro to get to Nydalen. The places section here at RateBeer is quite updated for Oslo. I also always check out whats on tap at Untappd. Many craft beer bars in Oslo are verified Untappd venues. I know whats on tap before I enter the bar!

1 Like