Pearl J. r Ewings Private Stock - unrateable?

https://www.ratebeer.com/edit-beer/1073676

Hey, I had a can of this 43 year old beer and we just cracked it on Saturday. About 5 of us RateBeerans gotta taste (still carbonated, not horrible). If it is still out there, why is it unrateable?

I think the rules are that if the beer was retired before ratebeer was ratebeer, then it is not rateable. Ratebeer might be old, but it is not 43 years old.

3 Likes

Our little Beer Geek gatherings sometimes bring up old ā€˜Cobwebsā€™ that weā€™ve found that we havenā€™t been able to rate on here, shame really as old beers are often fun (not always though).

<*))))))><

Enabling it to be ā€˜tickedā€™ rather than rated might be a compromise. Have had many old relics in my time - Royal Wedding beers from 1981 etcā€¦ - and all are an undrinkable mess, so giving a rating seems unkind, but at the same time itā€™s nice to have a record of it.

1 Like

There no way here to set it to tick only and for those that havenā€™t noticed over past 3 years tick score count towards beer scores. It was one of the things they changed from the take over to ā€œkeep upā€ with untaped.