REQUEST "Who has rated this" list

On the old layout there was an option to show just a list (alphabetic sorted) of users who had rated a beers, without showing the ratings. Can we have that back, please?

7 Likes

yeah ive brought it up before.
It was key to organising tastings and festival beers you all needed

another clear sign of changes made by people who dont understand the needs or use cases of the users.

5 Likes

Yes and it included both reviews and ticks. Thatā€™s definitely something that need to make a comeback.

Anyway I mentioned it plenty of times. We should have page for:
Reviews only
Ticks only
Reviews + Ticks
My friends

(all of them with full sorting options like UT, not single folders for Most recent, highest ratedā€¦)

And remove Most Likedā€¦ I donā€™t see the feature used anywhereā€¦it just takes the space of more important things like those mentioned aboveā€¦

1 Like

Exactly, was perfect for bigger events. Thought that someone mentioned it before but couldnā€™t find it. A lot of things get lost in forums if nobody replies for a longer time.

1 Like

Not to mention trades. If I am in a store looking to see if someone rated something, it is a pain to click through multiple pages (that said, how often are there multiple pages).

1 Like

If 100 people had rated a beer would you not just get a list of 100 user names which youā€™d then need to wade through? Is it not easier just follow the people youā€™re going to a tasting or whatever with and then click the ā€˜My Friendsā€™ button? Thatā€™ll then give you a specific list.

I use this feature for planing what beer to bring to tastings, often pre-tastings before beer festivals. So there is a group of, letā€™s say, 15 Ratebeerians and I want do make a quick check if most people havenā€™t had the beer.

Letā€™s say I follow 3 of them but do not care about the daily ratings of the other 12 ones. Iā€™d have to click on 12 persons, follow them, and unfollow them aftwerwards. Then I click on friends tab in a beer and only see the first 10. Clicking on ā€œshow allā€ reloads the site and I need again to scroll down, only to wait for another reload of more ratings. Still not a whole ā€œlistā€ of all those people on a screen.
A simple list of 100 user is way faster to capture, especially if itā€™s sorted alphabetic.

2 Likes

IMHO beer lists manageable by multiple users should be introduced exactly for this purpose.

1 Like