Stolen from the Netherlands Forum

1. I must have been doing something right.
1 Like

1 Like

How come there are 1018 beers in the list then?

Other than this, it feels like it is the 1001 (or 1018) beers the author sampled while writing the book, not the 1001 best beers he ever had after years of finding the best ones.

Though to be honest, I havenā€™t read the book.

I always wondered how many ive tried but could never be bothered flicking thru & counting. My grand total is 205, inc a couple a cobwebs i didnt bother rating. Not bad i think

1 Like

Think some of them have multiple vintages appearing in the list and/or separate bottle/cask entries.

1 Like

Only 309 for me. I expected to be a little higher than that, but also I have never chased the beers on the list.

1 Like

418 for me and Iā€™ve never sought them out.

1 Like

Thisā€¦Cisk Lager . Good for the malta tick, but I wouldnā€™t have been disappointed if I died without trying itā€¦

Greatā€¦ label, I guess?

The books split by countries so its supposed to be representative of beers from around the world, even though most beers from smaller countries are lager / pils (often made to a standard recipe the German brewery who fitted the kit taught them). I agree its a mystery why some are included though possibly because theyā€™re an emblem of that region rather than standout beer quality. Punk IPA now isnt a patch on the original but it represents a social shift in the UK towards craft beer so regarded a modern classic, and thus a worthy inclusion

1 Like

401ā€¦ I suppose I sort of tried, even though I did not know this list.

1 Like

Iā€™ve had 63, obviously not many NZ beers on the listā€¦ One of the ones Iā€™ve had is supposedly this though

https://www.ratebeer.com/beer/brewdog-pump-action-poet/516351/417272/

which was only released this yearā€¦

1 Like

Hmmā€¦ thatā€™s wrong. PAP was released in May 2017. Most recent edition of the book appears to be October 2013, so any beer tagged more recently than that is incorrectly done so. I notice it was missing a hop too so I just edited the tags to fix this.

1 Like

62 now :frowning:

1 Like

Update; now on 438 as of Dec 18. So must have had a 13 more in the year.

<*))))))><

Only up by 8. 489 now.

1 Like

387 now.

1 Like

Up by 21 since last year to 185 now. I didnā€™t look for any specifically.

1 Like

162 now. Didnt even pay attention to this but a good plus.

1 Like

210 now, but have probably shortened my lifespan by quite a lot this yearā€¦

1 Like