Style updates are live

Come to Estonia, can guarantee 10 ticks without any effort, and possibly another 10 with some effort :slight_smile:
Or ISO: American Stouts FT: kvass :smile:

2 Likes

I see that the Estonian Admins have been busy - a number of my new style ticks are from Estonian beers having been updated.

Just need the 4 or 5 other Kvasses I’ve had to be moved over

By the way, do Admins want people to start reporting style changes or will that clog up the system? I’ve spotted a number if new styles I’ve had.

1 Like

I did a lot of Estonian stuff, but in admin forum it has been said that there will be automatic script that will change the styles. I assume that there will be a lot of problems after that (knowing how rb programmers work :smiley: ) and I don’t want to do the same things twice…

You should wait for some time, I would say that the style list is not final and like I said automatic changes are probably coming (which will mean a lot of bugs).

I just send in 10-15 very easy to move corrections and they were corrected almost instantly. Very swift and nicely.

Christ no …

I’m chipping away a bit at a time when I have 10/15 minutes.

Just got my first 2 Sour IPA rates this morning thanks to my memory !

I’d give it a good 4 to 6 weeks if I were you.

Hopefully not… English IPA is a defined style and would be for beers that fit the style, which were previously put as Premium/Extra Special Bitters

Burton style IPAs are the obvious ones for me … usually 5.5 to 7% ABV.
I’ve not done a search yet but I moved a couple to this style yesterday that I recalled XT brewing last year.

2 Likes

Ive been looking through my styles and submitting quute a few obvious changes, pretty much all have been done so far. Cheers!

Fait enough.

I’m sure I had I had a Sour IPA at Beaverfest.

I just thought they bitters which the brewers pretended were not bitters. This is why RB need to add style definitions.

I had a Burton Ale from Butcher’s Tears - it’s already moved styles 2 or 3 times (EPA to Traditional and was maybe labelled as an ESB at some stage). Looks like another one may be due!

Going to a wedding today so if I was an Admin I’d be sat in the bogs doing updates.

I feel like Kolsches are often the style that brewers call a beer that was intended to be something else but they screwed it up, so call it a kolsch, haha

Haha, I think I had a couple in Moldova. I was actually in Lithuania last year, can’t remember if I had any there

1 Like

Glad the feedback has been listened to, was absolutely desperate for more disappearing down the rabbit hole style changes. Now that much wanted enhancement has been made could you see your way to fixing the save rating function so I can actually, you know, rate a beer?

1 Like

And how about Norwegian Kodnøl/Kornøl (the old Norwegian Farmhouse kveik beers. This could again be divided in several categories - Vossaøl, Stjørdalsøl and so on…

Lithuania has a lot of examples of kvass (called “gira”, but it is the same thing). You may have missed them in grocery stores, because (at least in Estonia) the trick is to look into the soft drinks section.

Untappd has over 150 styles! C’mon RateBeer, you can do better. :sunglasses:

What style does Wheat IPA fall under?

IPA - White

2 Likes

Why are the new styles introduced with no “precise” descriptions? I am sure admins are struggling right now (and I appreciate their work), but we could help them if we had descriptions for each of the styles. Also: adding new beers without these descriptions just piles up the work for admins.

1 Like