Virtual Bar - Friday 20th December

Just got back in after taking my daughter to the Olympia Horse Show. Aaargh, stupid horses, why do young girls like horses so much (actually, the carriage racing is pretty impressive).

I’ve tried that Aldi canned Kristallweizen before, it’s not very good is it?!

I’m also in the late stages of flu so sorry, not joining in the sesh tonight. Hope the rest of you enjoy it though.

Cracking this bad boy open for our third and final beer tonight.

3 Likes

I love Kössel beers. Especially their Vollbier. Used to be on holiday near the brewery with my family when I was younger. Havent been for 3-4 years now :frowning:

1 Like

Ahhh forgot about this, was just sharing some beers in town with @fonefan and @mcberko at Himmeriget.

Back home now and need to clear the fridge down abit for Christmas beer stock.

Cracked open a can of To Øl CPH Any Port Sort, pretty damn good beer to finish on…

https://www.ratebeer.com/beer/to-ol-cph-any-port-sort/788359/
tool

3 Likes

I remember being quite fond of the Völlbier. My other half liked the Keller Pils more than I did.

2 Likes

Took a little time off here watching Max Hopp win his match of Darts! Next on Peter Wright!
Of course had a few beers while on it:

2 Likes

I had to go to Willemstad to get my rate of that beer.

They used to brew an Amstel bier on the island using desalinated water, but the brewery closed a couple of years before I got there. Tried to find a bottle in some corner shops that might have some old stock but failed. So my Curacao rate (like most peoples) is really ‘fake news’.

<*))))))><

2 Likes

Second (and last beer) before seeing Santa is a bottle from Canada: https://www.ratebeer.com/beer/unibroue-blanche-de-chambly/8820/

<*))))))><

Must… resist… for just a while longer…the 12 Beers of Christmas :open_mouth:

3 Likes

The Vollbier is good, but I was impressed by the Schwarze Madonna. It received a lot of bad reviews, but the one I had was a good schwarzbier

1 Like

Last beer of the night (it’s 2 am here) is a collab between Bakunin and Nogne. Liquorice pastry stout… not great to be honest.

3 Likes

Since a colleague has discovered I am into beer he arrives at work with gifts. The last of some beers from Wigan.

(Just spotted it states Dry Stout - Admins expect a change request!)

3 Likes

OK, it’s nearly time for us to set off for our Santa experience. We catch a train inside the Irvine Regional Park (about 30 minutes away by car) to Santa’s Grotto and meet him and his helpers, can’t wait!

We are also meeting some friends of our daughters and son-in-laws who have children at the park, they also want to see Santa, again, I can’t wait!

<*))))))><

I am off tonight… Very sleepy. Goodnight!

I think this is in the latest and very much delayed To Ol club box. Looking forward to trying it.

1 Like

Had this at work and got home late. Missed all the fun. Maybe next time.

1 Like