What makes Untappd better than RateBeer currently

This does annoy me, see also people that tick the correct brewery but the wrong beer with a completely different and unrelated na.e

1 Like

was that me, sound like my kind of F
 up

nope

1 Like

Probably me. I think there was a brewery with a similar name

Nor you

if we all ask, we will eventually find the culprit :smiley:

1 Like

Frankly I never understood the issue with badges. For those who don’t wish to see them they can be turned off. On the other hand looks like RB gamification is not working that good since I don’t see it’s getting new users (although there are other factors as well).

@bhensonb, OK I will play; was it me?

<*))))))><

1 Like

Anyone know why a cake has turned up after my Regular name?

Is it because I’ve got 19 Awards to my name (from Copper to Platinum)?

<*))))))><

In answer to the original question, I like the fact I can use Untappd to find out what’s on tap at the Beach Hut Deli in Mission Viejo without having to walk down the hill from my daughters place and discover they have nothing of interest for me.

That’s about all I use it for.

<*))))))><

I’m with Mr Fish on the utlity of UT, I can look at my local pubs (Abbey, Tap & Can and RAD Beer in Shrewsbury), see what’s on offer and make a call as to whether to head down or not. I do ‘tap in’ everything on there, as I’m a collector at heart, but it’s of little use when it comes to determining how good (or bad) a beer might be as there appear to be many muppets on there giving :poop: beers top marks! At least RB you can make a much better judgment (albeit on a very much reduced scale), but I’m slack with my rates, I have loads to catch up with

5 Likes

It’s your “cake day”. You joined these forums 4 Nov 17.

The awards were “not going to be built out” which I took to mean they did something that broke them and can’t/ won’t fix them.

2 Likes

“Happy Cake Day to Me”
“Happy Cake Day to Me”
“Happy Cake Day dear Haddock”
“Happy Cake Day to Me”
etc, etc, etc.

<*))))))><

4 Likes

T’was a USA member

1 Like

While UT publishes users’ stats for 2021, we still see this little annoying banner at the top

2 Likes

To be fair, the untappd user stats for 2021 is quite shit. I think they have even remove some info that was there last year. I predict that in 2025 it will be only 2-3 things there (presented over 20-30 pages you need to scroll) :smiley:

2 Likes

I do not use UT, but the fact that they are releasing 2021 stats (quite early so not representative, to be honest) while here we proudly advertise those for 2020, is one of those things which makes it better. One of the few, otherwise I would have moved there. I still love RB.

3 Likes

Yeah, I’m bothered every single time I hit the RB homepage and see “Top brewers in 2020”.

That heading should probably be updated by Spring to whatever the current year is, or just drop the pretense and make it “of all time” like the top beers.

Also the “Show more” on the homepage links to 2019’s list, not even 2020’s list.

Perhaps the Top brewers in 2021 shouldn’t be posted until 2021 is over?

I see that point, but I also think it’s a bit odd seeing a “top” list 8, 9, 10+ months into a year referencing the previous year. Even odder when it’s days away from the following year. Comes across as a bit stale to me. I have no idea if I’m alone in that thinking or not.

Something like “Current Top Brewers” or “Trending Top Brewers” would serve the same purpose, and eliminate the timeliness (or lack of timeliness). It also eliminates the possibility that we’ll be in 2022 and the homepage will still reference 2020.

4 Likes