Whats your easiest missing country

2+ years later and Chile is still my easiest missing country :chile: If anyone has any EU-based tips for finding any (besides the one in Germany suggested to me; they didnā€™t actually have any at the time and they donā€™t sell beer anymore through their webshop), that would be amazing!

July 2020 I posted this:

Most difficult rated:
Congo
Falklands
Chad

Easiest unrated:
Bahamas
US Virgins
Bolivia

Countries rated: 140

Iā€™ve managed to pick up 3 more countries, all in between the aforementioned easiest and most difficult.

<*))))))><

1 Like

No idea if they also have distribution on the mainland but this lot crop up here on Plague Island:

https://www.ratebeer.com/brewers/handwerk-brewers/12968/

2 Likes

Most Difficult Done:

1. St Vincent & The Grenadines (Cottā€™s Convention)
  2. Madagascar (Colleague went on holiday there)
  3. Rwanda (EU Swap from @Erzengel)

Easiest Not Done:

1. Slovakia
  2. Argentina (as per @jjsint Iā€™ve seen Quilmes but not bothered buying itā€¦ but probably will now, ha)
  3. Israel (is Israel higher thanks to people doing trades?)

One change on the latter since my last updates thanks to two Turkish beers from Home Bargains. I was just happy that one wasnā€™t called Efes, even if they did brew it.

4 Likes

I actually found Kross 5 here some time ago - send them an email and check.

Most difficult done:

1. Northern Marianas (sample, trade)
  2. Anguilla (sample, trade)
  3. Falkland Islands (trade)

Easiest not done:

1. Malaysia
  2. Myanmar
  3. Zimbabwe

Aldo my Taiwan tick was way over BB, so should get that one again, if I could find it.

Sometimes I wonder how people with loads more ticks havenā€™t done countries ive done, but then I remember Ive actually been to the Dominican on holiday, which helps pick it up!

2 Likes

Mine midt be Chile and Lictenstein.

French Polynesia 144
Georgia 138
Egypt 134

Argentina and Chile turn up a lot despite having pretty huge local craft brewing scenes. Partly this is due to them not really exporting much even to North America. Too bad, as lots is happening there. Definitely interesting beer if on a trip there.

This nearly made me snort my beer :sweat_smile:

I looked them up but no one in the EU seems to carry them, unfortunately. Is there an EU-based equivalent to Beers of Europe?

This was actually the one I tried a few years back; I actually submitted a beer-only order and they ended up cancelling it because they told me they didnā€™t carry beer anymore.

171 Israel
165 Trinidad & Tobago
158 El Salvador

5 Likes

I do not rate beers and I do not seek for new countries very actively, but I miss these European countries:
Andorra
Liechtenstein
San Marino
Malta
Transdniestra - Country? Only at Ratebeerā€¦

My goal is to rate places in these countries too!

2 Likes

I do both, my easiest Country where I havenā€™t been to is Lithuania on 36 beers
(19th in my Country listings).

My easiest Country Iā€™ve been to but never reviewed a place is Poland on 103 beers (12th highest Country rate wise).

I have been to Liechtenstein and Malta, but not Andorra, San Marino and certainly not Transniestra!

<*))))))><

As I have been abroad once since joining Ratebeer I donā€™t have to go very far down the list:

Easiest that I have not been to: US

Easiest I have been to but not rated: Belgium

Israel: # Gold StarDark Lager can be order at System bolaget, 24 kolli demand.
Maccabee Lager Beercan be order at System bolaget, 24 kolli demand.
Jerntorgets Brygghus Gbg had them in stock 2016, check Israel related restaurants.
Trinidadā€¦: https://www.ratebeer.com/beer/carib-premium-lager/3059/ - not currently in stock at SB? - check with importer when back. Usually very easy to find.

1 Like

Really?? Thatā€™s got to be an intentional skip with 81 other countries and 4k ratings.

Were you thrown out of a trappist monastery as a youth or something?

1 Like

Thatā€™s place rather than beer ratings. Have been to Belgium but well before joining RB so have not rated a bar there.

Although I did have to deal with a particularly surly waiter when I was out there.

1 Like

Time has passed and Argentina completed.
Next challenge is 160 El Salvador.

For me its
Bosnia and Herzegovina ( 162)
El Salvador (160)
Cyprus (159)

And the most difficult I have are

St. Kitts (10)
Guam (47, visited)
Dominica (68)