Rodenbach Alexander
Weihenstephaner Hefeweissbier

Unticked Beer 1

Unticked Beer 2

Unticked Beer 3

Unticked Beer 4

Unticked Beer 5

4 Likes

Bit late to this thread however in no particular order I guess that these are the five go to beers that can almost always be found in our fridge

Orval

Duvel Tripel Hop

Buxton Axe Edge

Brasserie De La Senne Bruxellensis

Saison Dupont

However now in Germany I think that things are likely to change a little and so at the moment Weihenstephaner Hefeweissbier and their Pils are almost always in the fridge as well as some of the hoppier offerings from Urban Chestnut, Crew Republic and Hoppebräu.

1 Like

KBS, always. But it never stays in stock for long when I find it.

Dogfish Head 90 Minute. My favorite DIPA. Love the candy and resin and surprising smoothness for the style. My local beer shops all carry it readily now, too.

Sculpin, when fresh. Still the most well-balanced regular IPA, IMO.

Pilsner Urquell. The legendary Czech pils. Perfect for about any occasion.

KC Bier Pils. A great German pils. Because I love grassy lawnmower pils: not too heavy, not too soft.

I will cheat and post six. I will choose my favorite of five styles, but one is more or less a tie…

IPA - Sierra Nevada Hop Bullett. This is a double IPA and an imperial at that. It is what you would expect from a modern IPA. Definitely hoppy. My flair for IPAs has been waning a bit probably because the market is saturated, but this one really does it for me.

Helles Dopplebock - Abita Andy Gator. This beer is easy to find in my parts. I even see it in convenience stores. Lots of malt AND hop flavor in this one which helps hide the 8% alcohol.

Brown - Cigar City Brewing Maduro. Decades ago I tried Sam Smith’s Nut Brown and loved it. I thought I would be able to find a bown ale I like as much as I liked it back then. Not the case… it took a long time. Most browns were too hoppy. This one is definitely brewed in the Northern Britain style.

Stout - Guinness Extra Stout. Hate to go with the boring choice here, but although I have had stouts as good or slightly better, they were not at the same price point. Do prefer te extra stout. A little more of the coffee and chocolate notes in it to me.

Porter - tie: Avondale Vanillaphant/Sweetwater Exodus Jamaican Coffee Porter. The Avondale vanilla porter is rather subtle with it’s adjunct and the Exodus coffee just the opposite. In fact, I thought they ruined the Exodus at first, but as I drank more of it, the flavors balance out.

Bryant
1 Like

This thread could also be titled: What beer do you like to drink when you don’t feel tick-withdrawal sickness, hahah

in no order:
Chimay white
Bells Expedition
orval
Fresh Sierra Nevada or Stone IPAs
Fresh local NE hazies which come and go so quickly I won’t bother to say any specific name, but usually those from Aslin or Commonwealth

3 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl: yup

1 Like

And aventinus as well

2 Likes

I prefer Vitus. But that’s just me and the fact that Vitus is currently on the shelf at only $15 a 6pack.

1 Like

This changes frequently, but lately

Boulevard Rye on Rye in 4 pks - hope they never go away
Hopslam or SN Hoptimum (when in season) - people slam hopslam but it’s still one of my favorites
Fair State Pils (prefer the Keller Kazbek when in season and available)
Surly Furious
St. Bernardus Abt 12

There are two groups: those when I feel like a nice “special beer” and I’m not rating anything new, and then those when, as in these latitudes -Spain- the most frequent brews are macrolagers (of which I have a clear order of preference, though)… or instead when in England I used to guzzle down pints of Guinness in the company of a good friend. In moderation where possible. But nevermind, and proceeding with the first group if I may - I will list the others at the end.

Orval > It had to be listed, it is the beer. If I don’t know what I feel like, Orval proves me I was feeling like an Orval all along. There’s many Orval lovers out there who still don’t know they are.

Westmalle Dubbel > It’s funny how I vary between tripels more, with the Karmeliet and the St Bernardus always being good ideas. But with dubbels I always swerve towards the Westmalle, and for good reason.

Hoegaarden Grand Cru > Where available, it’s one of those I never quite remember the flavour - I just remember I like it.

Rochefort 10 > For when you need to treat yourself.

Weihenstephaner Hefeweissbier > Of the more widely distributed weissbiers, my favourite.

The ones where the selection is what it is, either you take it or you leave it:

Guinness > Always there. It will always taste of nice conversations with friends, sitting out in the chilly weather in the poorly lit courtyard of a pub.
York Guzzler > A staple in Eboracum, right?
Ambar > In Spain, when available, I generally consider it the better macrolager.
Estrella Galicia or Alhambra 1925 > When the former is not available

1 Like

So far:

1. Simon Pils (an unspectacular beer, but still my favourite)
  2. Westmalle Tripel (the original tripel)
  3. Weihenstephaner Hefeweißbier alkoholfrei (the perfect thirst quencher)
  4. Ourdaller Hanna (Luxembourg’s only commercial hemp beer)
  5. Sainte Crucienne Coco Bongo (coconut and chocolate flavoured beer from Alsace)
  1. St. Bernardus Abt 12 - So good, ALL THE TIME
  2. Surly Wet - Look forward to this every year.
  3. Boulevard Rye on Rye - love this
  4. Mikkeller Beer Geek Brunch Weasel - Civet Coffee so good
  5. Dupont Avec les Bons Voeux

#1 Sierra Nevada Torpedo
#2 Arrogant Bastard Ale
#3 Lugunitas Cappuccino Stout
#4 Old English 800
#5 Bud