Advent calendars 2021

My Brewdog calendar is supposed to arrive just before the 1st. Looking forward to it.

The Hoptimism one was sold as a preorder for subscribers in July. I don’t know if it made general sale.

I will post what I get in it.

1 Like

They don’t seem to be carrying them this year at costco, at least in DC area. But a couple of local craft beer stores have set some up, so I got two different ones from them.

Arrived with 10 and a bit hours to spare … and I opened it upside down hence looks like I’ve been pilfering… a few cans did roll out!

Imagine I’ll be the one adding 25 TR beers to RB then !

8 Likes

@Theydon_Bois at least it looks Christmasy. My calendars are:

Hoptimism

Brew Cavern

5 Likes

I’ve had some of the Aldi’s (US) calendar beers and can’t say I’d recommend it. Several IPAs brewed by Carlowe’s range from mediocre to making me angry that they called whatever this is an IPA. Ugh.

Seven of the beers are by “Prestige Beer Group” (actually Octopi Brewing). I entered them in RB last week, but now I’m near certain they’re aliases of State of Brewing beers. State of Brewing is another client brewery name made by Octopi and sold at Aldi’s. Most of these calendar beers have the same name like “Cherry Kolsch” or “Dry Hopped Sour” and the same abv. They just say Prestige Beer Group instead of “State of Brewing”. I don’t get why they slapped a different fake brewery name on them for the calendar.

Anyway, tomorrow I’ll start the Costco calendar. It looks more promising. I read today that if you got last year’s calendar, only six beers are different, but it’s my first time getting it.

2 Likes

Day 1 of the A Hoppy Place Advent Calendar and it is Deya Break Me Into Bigger Pieces. 39 Ratings and 33 Reviews on here with an average of 3.64.

https://www.ratebeer.com/beer/deya-break-me-into-bigger-pieces/634770/

Fortunately a new beer for me and looking like a decent start to the Calendar, for me at least.

3 Likes

Day 1 for Hoptimism is the Three Hills / Emperors collab Jedi Mind Trick.

https://www.ratebeer.com/beer/three-hills-emperor-s-jedi-mind-trick/941513/

Not a new beer for me but certainly one to enjoy and a strong start.

5 Likes

Day 1 for Brew Cavern is Cantillon Gueuze 100% Lambic Bio.

https://www.ratebeer.com/beer/cantillon-gueuze-classic-organic-bio/6925/

Again not a new beer for me, but certainly a decent start to advent.

4 Likes

Beer Hawk: Thornbridge Barden.

It would appear that 4 other people have the same advent calendar as me based on the reviews.

5 Likes

Advent Calendar Day 1

Beer website = Beyond Beer
Verdant/Pipeline Doubling Down 7.7% DIPA

v

Beer website = T’Øl
Blizzard in a Beer Mug 6%
Wheat IPA

WINNER = Beyond Beer :trophy:
Verdant/Pipeline Doubling Down :trophy:

5 Likes

Day One BrewDog

6 Likes

A Hoppy Place Day 2

Donzoko Northern Helles, 500ml, this is a 4.2% ABV version brewed at Gipsy Hill rather than the original version at 4.8% ABV, clutching at straws but they should be kept separate.
Not the most exciting beer today by the looks.

1 Like

Beer Hawk Day 2: De Dochter van de Korenaar Nouveau Riche (Rosemary & Rosehips).

8 Likes

Just trying my Hoptimism day 2. Which is S43 Holographic Whale.

I have the Brew Cavern one to follow. Prizm Catharsis

7 Likes

Day 2 of Tiny Rebel

Backlog situation already

Added both … drank neither

Pigs Ear BF after work last night so didn’t fancy a 10% TIPA after my dinner at 10pm

Tonight we were out in Tring for dinner and a few pints … onto wine now

Try again day 3 I guess!

Do you Calendar regulars actually manage to do a beer a day as intended?

2 Likes

2017 I got full on man flu and ended up with a rolling backlog of about 8 beers. I am getting a cold now but intending to power through.

3 Likes

I have two calendars and so far have had 3 of 4 beers. I expect to be picking and choosing my beers. And drinking other over Christmas and new year.

3 Likes

Advent Calendar Day 2

Beer website = Beyond Beer
North Brewing Co All Of A Sudden - A Table Beer at 3.0%

v

Beer website = T’Øl
To Øl Brokilde Winter 8.5%
Tripel

WINNER = T’Øl :trophy:
To Øl Brokilde Winter :trophy:

Overall Score
To Øl 1- 1 Beyond Beer

6 Likes

We got negatives on our pre-flight Covid-19 Tests today, so all systems go for our Sunday flight to California. A Costco box is awaiting my attention; photos and thoughts once I crack it open.

<*))))))><

6 Likes